MONDAYs DON'T HAVE TO SUCK
Join our Candy kingdom as the Operations Manager of Candytopia. Report to the Candytopia General Manager and work alongside a team of Assistant managers & Candytopians, within our sprawling sanctuary of confectionary bliss, tastefully curated by Hollywood Candy Queen, Jackie Sorkin & realized by master fabricator, Zac Hartog. This five-month event opened March 1, 2018 in Santa Monica, CA.
Leverage your leadership and excellent organizational skills to deliver an outstanding guest and employee experience within our MAGICAL, DARK & EVEN A TAD TWISTED WORLD. You will support the General Manager in delivering on-time and effective operational, staffing, and guest experience-related results. This is a part time temporary hourly position that runs through July, 2018. We are looking for retail & entertainment Leaders who love people, to entertain crowds, party and candy!
· You must crave the opportunity to put sweetness and smiles on people's faces (Guests and
· You must be able to ignite the energy of others around you, manage competing priorities and operational logistics in order to create a fantastical, mind-warping, lip-smacking, jaw-dropping, eye-boggling experience for all!
HOW YOU WILL SPEND YOUR DAYS...& NIGHTS...& WEEKENDS:
· Under the direction of the General Manager, execute the day-to-day Candytopia operations,
establishing and maintaining a positive, high energy work environment
· Act as a role model for all Candytopia Employees by following and administering Candytopia
brand standards, operational procedures and customer experience process
· Rock our guests’ world by optimizing their experience through your ability to let your imagination soar & transfer that skill to your team of Candytopians
· Resolve visitor & team members concerns with consistent responses following company guidelines, policies and procedures
· Provide break coverage for Candytopian and Retail team members
· Maintain an exemplary level of customer service at all touch points within our Candy Kingdom
· With General Manager approval, enter new hire employee data, time card information, drafting
work schedules, facilitate new hire orientation and casting call hiring process
· Protect company assets and minimize loss through store standards and operating procedure
· Effectively communicate to all Guests, Candytopia employees & contracted vendors
· Be the Guardian of the Candytopia brand by being present and accessible throughout Candytopia
while working scheduled shift
WHAT YOU HAVE:
· You love to work with people & bring the party, with at least 3 years Leadership experience Retail, Customer Service, Entertainment industry)
· Flexibility to support the team and internally motivated to answer questions so that they achieve
professional and organizational goals
· Possess the pace and sense of urgency to while working effectively and enthusiastically in a
high-volume, high paced environment
· Proven success in hiring hourly employees, scheduling and managing a large team of part-time
employees is mandatory
· Demonstrable, successful skills in customer service, employee retention and de-escalation of
employee relations and customer matters
· Regularly available to work weekends, evenings & 4-5 days, 29 hours per week through July, 2018
· Expertise in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), and proficiency with PC
· Excellent written, verbal communication, planning and prioritization skills
· Knowledge of Point of Sale technology
· Burning desire to work in a start-up, 1st of its kind, flying the plane as you build it environment
· Knowledge of carpentry, electrical, art and audio preferred
WHAT'S PHYSICALLY REQUIRED:
While performing the essential job functions of this role, you’ll be required to push, pull, squat, bend,
stoop, lift and reach. You’ll be required to stand/walk for entirety of work shift, outside of required
What if an eccentric chocolatier and a daredevil pop star had a whirlwind romance, got married while skydiving, and had a glamorous, glittering love child who grew up to rule a small nation? Welcome to Candytopia, where colossal candyfloss constructions meld with a tantalizing taffy twistedness!
This five-month event celebrates the vibrant colors and flavors of our favorite sugary delights through a series of interactive art installations in over a dozen environments, from flying unicorn pigs to a marshmallow tsunami.
If you ever dreamed of nibbling your way through Candyland or scoring a Golden Ticket, you’ve come to the right place. Apply today to be our Operations Manager! Treat yourself to working at Candytopia, and let your taste buds and your imagination soar!