MONDAYS DON’T HAVE TO SUCK! HAVE A LITTLE FUN AND BRING SOME JOY TO ALL WHO ENTER THE CONFECTIONARY RELM!
Join our Candy Kingdom and be an Assistant Manager of our MAGICAL, DARK & EVEN A TAD TWISTED WORLD of Candytopia – Houston! Your stewardship of his little slice of sugary heaven will be located in City Centre!
Retail and entertainment leaders who love interacting people, entertaining crowds, and of course… CANDY, are qualities that will establish our successful candidate as Guardian of the Candytopia Realm in Houston! You must crave the opportunity to put sweetness and smiles on people's faces through leading and developing a high performing customer-service oriented team.
We are on the hunt for playful, creative, and proactive leaders to champion our kingdom of Candytopians as they provide the ultimate experience for our guests.
You are customer-centric, friendly, and solutions-oriented…and have an appreciation of our passion for candy!
THE SHOES YOU WILL FILL:
As an Assistant Manager, you have the unique and incredible responsibility for nurturing our retail and performing team members, as well as our guests. You will help to cultivate a fun, safe, and respectful work environment for all team members. You will support the General Manager in delivering on-time and effective operational, staffing, and guest experience-related results.
HOW YOU WILL SPEND YOUR DAYS...& NIGHTS...& WEEKENDS:
- Assist in orienting, training, and nurturing friendly and happy team members. Position the right team members in roles where they can best impact company goals
- Support GM in scheduling, time and attendance reporting, and skill placement of team members
- Engage with and entertain guests at all times, acting as a Candytopia brand ambassador.
- Energetically resolve all guest experience concerns
- Follow, and lead team members to comply with, all safety and operational procedures
- Problem-solve obstacles with and for your team, to guarantee an outstanding guest experience
- Maintain a high-energy and positive spirit with your team, even in the “not so sweet” moments when challenges arise
- Multi-task within a rapidly moving entertainment environment, with a high volume of guests
- Provide break coverage for Candytopian and Retail team members
- Support Retail department via inventory management/reconciliation and team member training
- Maintain housekeeping standards via direct involvement and team member/janitorial oversight.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Desire to entertain and intense work ethic – our “play” is our work
- Strong ability to lead others and nurture their creativity
Outstanding communication and problem-solving skills, with continual emphasis on guest experience
- Energy, agility, adaptability, and flexibility
- Available to work 25-30 hours per week for 8 to 10 months including nights & weekends.
WHAT'S PHYSICALLY REQUIRED:
While performing the essential job functions of this role, you’ll be required to push, pull, squat, bend, stoop, lift and reach. You’ll be required to stand/walk for entirety of wok shift, outside of required meal/rest periods.
Position is part-time, hourly and reports to the General Manager of Candytopia.
What if an eccentric chocolatier and a daredevil pop star had a whirlwind romance, got married while skydiving, and had a glamorous, glittering love. This six-month event celebrates the vibrant colors and flavors of our favorite sugary delights through a series of interactive art installations in over a dozen environments, from flying unicorn pigs to a marshmallow tsunami. If you ever dreamed of nibbling your way through Candyland or scoring a Golden Ticket, you’ve come to the right place! Treat yourself to working at Candytopia and let your taste buds and your imagination soar!
Candytopia is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.