Candytopia is seeking a creative and talented Marketing Manager - Content & Social to join our fast-growing events business. The role is a newly created position reporting directly to the CMO and is an exceptional opportunity for a Content Producer or Marketing Associate who is looking for the next step in their career. Here at Candytopia, no two days are the same, you’ll work on exciting and innovative marketing activity, and have the opportunity to work across a wide range of communication channels.
You will eat, breathe and sleep content marketing. You understand what is popular and the strategy behind it. You have creative flair, are an out of the box thinker and are keen to develop your career in content and marketing communications. You will manage a robust marketing program working across Candytopia’s growing immersive events portfolio; Candytopia, Movietopia, ToysRUs Adventure and Hooptopia.
You radiate positive energy, are a self proclaimed people person and are passionate about the work you do. This is a salaried full-time position, which will include up to 30% travel in the United States.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
● Produce extraordinary digital content across multiple channels including brand websites, social media channels, email and paid Media.
● Develop a strategic content framework and social media calendar to help build Candytopia’s audiences and foster engagement across channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & emerging channels.
● Create image and video assets as required for marketing activity and communications initiatives and work hands on with Design studio and Video production teams to develop best-in-class content assets.
● Manage Candytopia’s brand websites optimising performance and ensuring a creative approach to tell the story of our brand experiences.
● Manage email marketing calendar and deployment across each of our brands, measuring and optimising performance
● Manage best-in-class influencer marketing strategy and outreach to help continue to spread the Candytopia love, including acquiring user generated content for marketing channels.
● Assist with local marketing initiatives including advertising, OOH, partnerships and PR activity.
● Manage corporate marketing communications including LinkedIn and Corporate website
● Generate reports across key channels and generate meaningful insights
● Other duties, functions, special projects and responsibilities as assigned
WHAT YOU HAVE:
● University degree in marketing, communications or a related field
● 3+ years of consumer marketing, content marketing or marketing agency experience
● Exceptional writing and copy-editing skills a must
● An eye for visual design and experience with content creation software including Photoshop, Premier, or other editing software
● Demonstrated ability to successfully manage social media channels and communities
● Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage outside agencies and concurrent projects.
● Burning desire to work in an exciting industry-leading start-up, and willingness to be hands on and GET. STUFF. DONE.
● A self-starter with an entrepreneur spirit who can show initiative and is willing to learn
● Organized, attentive to detail, and able to prioritize well
● Flexible and must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Welcome to Candytopia, where colossal candyfloss constructions meld with a tantalizing taffy twistedness! Candytopia travels the country sharing our confectionery bliss and bringing happiness to the world. Tastefully curated by Hollywood Candy Queen Jackie Sorkin, realized by master fabricator Zac Hartog, and brought to life by life-long retailer, John Goodman. Our first location opened in Santa Monica in March of 2018. We’ve since gone on to open successful locations in New York City, San Francisco, Atlanta, Dallas, Phoenix and Philadelphia, and have launched joint venture events with The Golden State Warriors, Toys”R”Us and Planet Hollywood. In that time, Candytopia events have seen over 1.2M guests and hired over 1,000 employees across the nation.