Bringing together two unique companies, Toys ‘R’ Us – one of the most iconic name brands in the industry and Candytopia - founders of sprawling sanctuaries of confectionary bliss, to form Toys ‘R’ Us Adventure. This exclusive interactive experience will give children both young and young-at-heart the opportunity to revisit, interact, and play blissfully in our toy kingdom.
Our Brand Manager – Toys ‘R’ Us will be an integral component to bring Toys ‘R’ Us Adventure to life! This position is the backbone of our Brand operation and is crucial to the success of our staff and region. Think of this role as “Overseer of the Toys Brand” meaning you will effectively run operations, while also taking on important work streams related budget, finances, compliance, and all staff engagement, all while operating with an unwavering customer service ethic. The person in this role needs to think of themselves as a regional culture leader, as their work and communication will uniquely impact every regional team. The Brand Manager will work closely with the Chief Operations Officer and Toys ‘R’ Us General Managers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Work with Toys ‘R’ Us partners in training and understanding the toy industry category by developing best practices in order create, execute, and maintain our interactive programs for our patrons/customers
• Ensure brand standards are being maintained and operational systems are utilized effectively
• Lead logistics and support with planning for all staff engagements, including weekly tactical meetings, all staff meetings and retreats, and ad-hoc staff gatherings
• Leverage understanding of key business drivers, such as customers, consumers, competitors, and company, to get results.
• Tracks and analyzes ticket/admission sales and marketing statistics
• Monitors competition and market for developing business plans and strategies
• Monitor 3rd party social media platforms to ensure guest feedback is being addressed and utilized to improve performance
• Provides routine operational updates and formal business reports to executive management
• Provide overall leadership; recognize and motivate members of the team; coach and train the team for operational excellence
• Collaborate with General Managers to recruit, interview, and hire team members; conduct performance appraisals, take disciplinary action, motivate and train
• Provide routine and immediate feedback to drive expectations accountability
• Partner with HR to identify gaps and create development strategies
• Resolve conflict while creating an environment of open communication
• Provides timely, constructive and actionable feedback to coach others to improve performance.
• Evaluate, identify and partner with HR to fulfill resource needs
WHAT YOU HAVE:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, preferably in Business, Marketing or Finance
• Flexibility to travel as needed to multiple locations on a regular basis; may require overnight stay on occasion.
• Must be able to proactively work with multiple departments of the company and drive results and accomplish goals.
• Ability to establish good relationships and credibility with customers; ability to collaborate at all levels of both the internally within the company and its subsidiaries as well as with the customer
• Excellent at managing time, priorities and expenses
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to work independently while being a team player
• Proficiency using Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Toys ‘R’ Us Adventure is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.