MONDAYS DON’T HAVE TO SUCK! HAVE A LITTLE FUN AND BRING SOME JOY TO ALL WHO ENTER THE CONFECTIONARY RELM!
Join our Candy Kingdom and be the General Manager of our MAGICAL, DARK & EVEN A TAD TWISTED WORLD of Candytopia – Miami, FL! Your stewardship of his little slice of sugary heaven will be located at Aventura Mall!
Retail and entertainment leaders who love interacting people, entertaining crowds, and of course… CANDY, are qualities that will establish our successful candidate as Guardian of the Candytopia Realm in our first Florida location! You must crave the opportunity to put sweetness and smiles on people's faces through leading and developing a high performing customer-service oriented team.
Our General Manager must be able to ignite the energy of your team, manage competing priorities and operational logistics in order to create a fantastical, mind-warping, lip-smacking, jaw-dropping, eye-boggling experience for all!
This temporary salaried position will run for six months.
While the employment window is small, the career impact can be immediate as you can leverage your success managing and leading one of the most successful interactive experiences in our industry.
You will take four wall P&L accountability and build your team, where you will partner and mentor your Operations Manager, leading a team of Assistant Managers and Candytopian Brand Ambassadors, within our sprawling sanctuary of confectionery bliss, tastefully curated by Hollywood Candy Queen, Jackie Sorkin and realized by master fabricator, Zac Hartog
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage day-to-day Candytopia operations, establishing and maintaining a positive, high energy work environment, while providing leadership to set and maintain Candytopia brand standards and training for a customer experience like no other!
- Responsible for delivering, through your team and workforce, a consistent experience for our visitors while ensuring all daily operational needs meet our high standards.
- Rock our guests’ world by optimizing their experience through your ability to let your imagination soar and transfer that skill to your team of Candytopians.
- Immediately resolve visitor and team members concerns and inquires while establishing consistent responses and guidelines for all.
- Maintain an exemplary level of customer service at all touch points within our Candy Kingdom.
- Support the Chief Operations Officer in executing cycle count and inventory management process, by ensuring product inventory is properly accounted for and the inventory storage area is pristine and well maintained.
- Lead additional on-going training (as needed) of all Candytopians on our exhibit floors and our retail store.
- Protect company assets and minimize loss through store standards and operating procedures.
- Collect visitor feedback focusing on continuous improvement.
- Maintain and build a strong sense of community, integrity, and brand for all who live in and visit our magical world.
- Effectively communicate with the Senior Leadership team, direct reports and contracted vendors (security, parking services, janitorial, etc.).
- Be the Guardian of the Candytopia brand while being present and accessible throughout Candytopia.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- You love to work with people and bring the party, with at least 3 years Leadership experience (Retail, Customer Service, Entertainment industry).
- Proven success in scheduling and managing a large team of part-time employees is mandatory.
- Demonstrable, successful skills in customer service, employee retention and de-escalation of employee relations and customer matters.
- Flexibility to support your team and internally motivated to develop them to achieve professional and organizational goals.
- Possess a positive pace and sense of urgency, while working effectively and enthusiastically in a high-volume, high paced environment.
- Regular weekend and evening availability.
- Knowledge of Point of Sale technology
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), and proficiency with PC.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, planning and prioritization skills.
- Burning desire to work in a start-up, first of its kind, flying the plane as you build it environment
- Knowledge of carpentry, electrical, art and audio a huge plus!
What if an eccentric chocolatier and a daredevil pop star had a whirlwind romance, got married while skydiving, and had a glamorous, glittering love. This six-month event celebrates the vibrant colors and flavors of our favorite sugary delights through a series of interactive art installations in over a dozen environments, from flying unicorn pigs to a marshmallow tsunami. If you ever dreamed of nibbling your way through Candyland or scoring a Golden Ticket, you’ve come to the right place. Apply today to be our General Manager! Treat yourself to working at Candytopia and let your taste buds and your imagination soar!
Candytopia is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.