Toys R Us (TRU) Adventure is a unique interactive showcase that introduces to a new generation of children what it means to be a Toys R Us kid! Children of all ages will interact and frolic within our exhibits, as well as, play with the latest and greatest toys!
Retail and entertainment leaders who love interacting with people, entertaining crowds, and of course… TOYS, are qualities that will establish our successful candidate as Assistant Manager of Toys R Us Adventure within our sprawling exhibit and entertainment venue in Buckhead.
You must crave the opportunity to share your love of toys and put smiles on people's faces through leading and developing a high performing customer-service oriented team.
We are on the hunt for playful, creative, and proactive
leaders to provide the ultimate experience for our guests.
You are customer-centric, friendly, and solutions-oriented…and have an appreciation of our passion for toys!
THE SHOES YOU WILL FILL:
As an Assistant Manager, you have the unique and incredible
responsibility for nurturing our retail and performing team members, as
well as our guests. You will help to cultivate a fun, safe, and respectful
work environment for all team members. You will support the General Manager in
delivering on-time and effective operational, staffing, and guest
HOW YOU WILL SPEND YOUR DAYS...& NIGHTS...& WEEKENDS:
- Assist in orienting, training, and nurturing friendly and happy team members. Position the right team members in roles where they can best impact company goals
- Support GM in scheduling, time and attendance reporting, and skill placement of team members
- Engage with and entertain guests at all times, acting as a Toys R Us Adventure brand ambassador.
- Energetically resolve all guest experience concerns
- Follow, and lead team members to comply with, all safety and operational procedures
- Problem-solve obstacles with and for your team, to guarantee an outstanding guest experience
- Maintain a high-energy and positive spirit with your team, even in the “not so sweet” moments when challenges arise
- Multi-task within a rapidly moving entertainment environment, with a high volume of guests
- Provide break coverage for Toys R Us Adventurers and Retail team members
- Support Retail department via inventory management/reconciliation and team member training
- Maintain housekeeping standards via direct involvement and team member/janitorial oversight.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Desire to entertain and intense work ethic – our “play” is our work
ability to lead others and nurture their creativity
Outstanding communication and problem-solving skills, with continual emphasis on guest experience
- Energy, agility, adaptability, and flexibility
- Available to work 25-30 hours per week, including nights & weekends.
WHAT'S PHYSICALLY REQUIRED:
While performing the essential job functions of this role, you’ll be required:
• Stand for extended periods
• Bend and reach
• Climb up and down stairs
• Stoop to lift, move and retrieve materials
• Pull, push, and lift
• Reach both above and below shoulder height; multiple dexterity.
Position is a temporary part-time, hourly and reports to the General Manager of Toys R Us Adventure
Toys R Us Adventure is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.