MONDAYS DON’T HAVE TO SUCK! LET’S MAKE MOVIE MONDAY A THING!
Brought to you by Planet Hollywood and Candytopia, Movietopia is an immersive installation that captures moments from some of Hollywood's most iconic films over the last 30 years. With activities to bring you into the films and memorabilia straight from the movies. The movie fan in you is going to love it.
Navigate through a hidden temple, pose with your arms spread on the bow of an infamous sunken ship, take a ride in a Ferrari while playing hooky, and much more!
Looking for retail and entertainment leaders who love interacting with people, entertaining crowds, and of course are huge MOVIE ENTHUSIASTS.
You must crave the opportunity to share your favorite movie scene and put smiles on people's faces through leading and developing a high performing customer-service oriented team. Movietopia will be located in The Marq’E Entertainment Center – Houston!
We are on the hunt for playful, creative, and proactive
leaders to provide the ultimate experience for our guests.
You are customer-centric, friendly, and solutions-oriented…and have an appreciation of our passion for cinema!
THE SHOES YOU WILL FILL:
As an Assistant Manager, you have the unique and incredible responsibility for nurturing our retail and performing team members, as well as our guests. You will help to cultivate a fun, safe, and respectful work environment for all team members. You will support the General Manager in delivering on-time and effective operational, staffing, and guest experience-related results.
HOW YOU WILL SPEND YOUR DAYS...& NIGHTS...& WEEKENDS:
- Assist in orienting, training, and nurturing friendly and happy team members. Position the right team members in roles where they can best impact company goals
- Support GM in scheduling, time and attendance reporting, and skill placement of team members
- Engage with and entertain guests at all times, acting as a Movietopia brand ambassador.
- Energetically resolve all guest experience concerns
- Follow, and lead team members to comply with, all safety and operational procedures
- Problem-solve obstacles with and for your team, to guarantee an outstanding guest experience
- Maintain a high-energy and positive spirit with your team, even in the “not so sweet” moments when challenges arise
- Multi-task within a rapidly moving entertainment environment, with a high volume of guests
- Provide break coverage for Movietopians and Retail team members
- Support Retail department via inventory management/reconciliation and team member training
- Maintain housekeeping standards via direct involvement and team member/janitorial oversight.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Desire to entertain and intense work ethic – our “play” is our work
ability to lead others and nurture their creativity
Outstanding communication and problem-solving skills, with continual emphasis on guest experience
- Energy, agility, adaptability, and flexibility
- Available to work 25-30 hours per week, including nights & weekends.
WHAT'S PHYSICALLY REQUIRED:
While performing the essential job functions of this role, you’ll be required:
• Stand for extended periods
• Bend and reach
• Climb up and down stairs
• Stoop to lift, move and retrieve materials
• Pull, push, and lift
• Reach both above and below shoulder height; multiple dexterities.
Position is a temporary part-time, hourly and reports to the General Manager of Movietopia.
Movietopia is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.