The Inventory Specialist will be handling inventory management, submitting and processing orders and troubleshooting receiving/delivery issues, while reporting to the Logistics Manager. The daily tasks would be reviewing sales, submitting orders, tracking deliveries and supporting the Candytopia Team locations. This position will collaborate with National (and very soon Global) Candytopia locations to effectively manage the flow of product submission throughout our internal network to ensure appropriate distribution strategies/channels are utilized to support the most cost-effective methods to achieve in stock, inventory, and logistics goals. In addition, the Inventory Specialist should have excellent interpersonal communication skills, a keen eye for every detail, and an ability to work both independently and on a team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities will be to manage the inventory control system, maintain product data, rectify miscalculations, review and analyze the results of sales-operations, report findings to management and make recommendations for improvement as necessary. This also includes but not limiting to the following:
- Submits Sales Orders for approval and processes the orders with vendors
- Manage and maintain adequate stock in support of websites (Candytopia & Movietopia)
- Collects orders from locations for all vendors
- Works with Logistics Manager to compare orders vs sales by location
- Maintains excellent working relationships with vendors
- Works closely with the Stock Managers, Retail Managers and Operations Managers of each company location
- Process supply orders for the event and facilities
- Tracks shipments and ensures new inventory is processed correctly
- Conduct scheduled follow-ups weekly with locations on inventory level
- Maintains inventory systems and processes audits as needed
- Troubleshoots inventory system errors and delivery/receiving issues
- Coordinates Crystal Spring Water Delivery Service for each location
- Nurture positive relationships with suppliers and provide customer service as needed
- University degree or equivalent work experience
- Interact professionally and effectively through excellent written and oral communication skills to all levels of the organization including Senior Level Management
- Experience in implementing collaborative planning, forecasting and replenishment systems with key vendors.
- Strong interpersonal and judgment skills will be required to influence internal and external teams.
- Understand merchandising and operations processes and the interrelationships of vendors, merchants, marketing, space planning and field operations.
- Drive business processes as the subject matter expert to drive improved capabilities and in-stock.
- Ability to think strategically and effectively implement tactical elements to ensure goals are met.
- Shows the ability to work well under pressure, such as when inventory deliveries or shipments become delayed or forgotten.
- Ability to ruthlessly prioritize and multi-task under tight deadlines
- Some travel to various Candytopia location as required
Physical Demands/ Environmental Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Stand/walk for entirety of shift, with exception of legally required break and meal periods
• Lift up to 50 pounds
• Stoop, lift, bend, squat with frequency
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What if an eccentric chocolatier and a daredevil pop star had a whirlwind romance, got married while skydiving, and had a glamorous, glittering love. This six-month event celebrates the vibrant colors and flavors of our favorite sugary delights through a series of interactive art installations in over a dozen environments, from flying unicorn pigs to a marshmallow tsunami. If you ever dreamed of nibbling your way through Candyland or scoring a Golden Ticket, you’ve come to the right place. Apply today to be our General Manager! Treat yourself to working at Candytopia and let your taste buds and your imagination soar!