This position is ideal for a 3rd party vendor or a 1099 Contractor, with an hourly rate of $30-50/hour. This successful Contractor will work closely with the Facilities Manager and is a key contributor to maintain the aesthetic success and patron experience of our interactive and locally-based Candytopia facility.
We’re looking for a technically skilled professional who has a keen eye for detail, quick to identify solution-options, ability to learn new skills quickly, and a curiosity for how-things-work they bring a passion for working with their hands. This position will undertake upkeep and repair tasks at the interior and/or exterior of company premises. We’ll rely on this person to keep our facilities in perfect condition by doing various odd jobs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Deft hands and technical knowledge are important parts of a handyman’s arsenal. This position requires that they be well-organized with strong general repair skills. A keen eye for detail and physical stamina are valued greatly in this job, including but limiting to the following responsibilities:
· Work closely with the Facilities Manager to ensure that all building requirements are met including HVAC, fire codes, lighting systems, general building repair and all other issues that affect staff and patron comforts
· Complete regular checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures and maintain records of past and scheduled maintenance
· Diagnosing mechanical and facility issues by correcting, repairing and/or replacing them as necessary
· Identify and report safety hazards and building security concerns with recommended solutions
· Prepare and submit summary reports of conditions in buildings and recommend actions to be taken
· Required to work variable days during non-business hours from 10pm to 10am (when our facility is closed), which can include evenings, weekends and holidays
· High school diploma/general education degree (GED)
· Proven maintenance experience or related degree from a technical college
· Solid understanding of general maintenance and quick to learn new skills
· Fundamental knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical, structural, paint, general construction, and water features
· Skilled in reading project specifications, blue prints and technical trade related manuals
· Experience with precision measuring instruments or electronic testing devices.
· Ability to take apart machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts.
· Experience performing routine maintenance
· Strong organizational and follow up skills
· Keen eye for detail with a professional presentation and attitude
· Ability to work and focus independently with strong follow through on all assignments
· Strong organizational skills to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Efficient, flexible and responsive to change with the ability to prioritize pressing responsibilities
Physical Demands/ Environmental Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Stand/walk for entirety of shift, with exception of legally required break and meal periods
• Lift up to 50 pounds
• Stoop, lift, bend, squat with frequency
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What if an eccentric chocolatier and a daredevil pop star had a whirlwind romance, got married while skydiving, and had a glamorous, glittering love. This six-month event celebrates the vibrant colors and flavors of our favorite sugary delights through a series of interactive art installations in over a dozen environments, from flying unicorn pigs to a marshmallow tsunami. If you ever dreamed of nibbling your way through Candyland or scoring a Golden Ticket, you’ve come to the right place. Apply today to be our General Manager! Treat yourself to working at Candytopia and let your taste buds and your imagination soar!
Candytopia is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.