Join our Candy Kingdom as the Chief Marketing Officer for Candytopia LLC. Reporting to our Chief Operations Officer of this privately held company and serving as our Marketing Executive, the position (based exclusively in San Francisco, CA) will collaborate with the Executive Management Team, field leaders and vendors to develop and implement a comprehensive business development strategy that will continue to shape Candytopia’s public profile as the premier interactive (and sweetest) art-installation in the industry!
Our Executive Management Team is deeply involved in day-to-day business activities, and saying we’re hands-on is a serious understatement. We are after all a very early stage, but very successful start-up, so for everyone involved it’s “all-hands on deck!” An ideal candidate is a successful early-stage marketing professional looking to take their first large leap into the executive ranks or a seasoned marketing executive who is looking to get-back-to-basics so they can “Lead-By-Doing.” If the challenge of shouldering the majority of marketing duties doesn’t intimidate you easily, then we would obviously love to hear from you!
Manage and supervise the daily activities of the corporate marketing department to include, but not limited to, the development and execution of national/ international marketing & PR strategy, promotion of events through pre-event correspondence and media coverage, establishment of promotional partnerships, optimization of social media accounts & outlets, supervision of internal and external staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Define the marketing communications vision and strategy.
· Lead PR and corporate communications through social media & traditional marketing efforts.
· Supervise and develop internal marketing team.
· Manage outside teams such as PR agency, paid media, social media, etc.
· Implement & drive CRM and CX technology.
· Setup and manage paid acquisition budget.
· Identify and establish core acquisition metrics and assume responsibility for each.
· Oversee all paid channels – Facebook, Instagram, Google Search.
· Handle all partnerships and the successful promotion of them.
· Collaborate with event teams to promote launches, partnerships, ticket releases, etc.
· Act as an advocate for bold and creative thinking, constantly encouraging teams to go beyond the status quo.
· Operate an influencer and social media marketing plan that expands Candytopia’s reach and helps differentiate Candytopia in today’s market.
· Provide ideas and art direction to creative agencies such as graphic designers, web developers and video producers.
· Ensure consistent release of new content for multiple company website properties, define the social media strategy and ensure the successful execution of the plans.
· Handle all content creation which may require the use of Photoshop, Premier, or other editing software.
· Other duties, functions, special projects and responsibilities as assigned.
· 8+ years of corporate marketing experience.
· Exceptional communicator with all audiences from C-level executive staff to technical specialists.
· Strong project management skills, with ability to manage multiple people, outside agencies and concurrent projects.
· Top-notch ability to define the editorial calendar, create and edit content, and manage production in all media forms – copy, graphics, videos, presentations, etc.
· Experienced in managing a corporate website, search engine marketing and search engine optimization programs.
· Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
What if an eccentric chocolatier and a daredevil pop star had a whirlwind romance, got married while skydiving, and had a glamorous, glittering love. This six-month event celebrates the vibrant colors and flavors of our favorite sugary delights through a series of interactive art installations in over a dozen environments, from flying unicorn pigs to a marshmallow tsunami. If you ever dreamed of nibbling your way through Candyland or scoring a Golden Ticket, you’ve come to the right place. Apply today to be our General Manager! Treat yourself to working at Candytopia and let your taste buds and your imagination soar!
Candytopia is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.