Join our Candy Kingdom as the Corporate Controller for Candytopia LLC. Reporting to the CFO of this privately held company, serving as our main point person overseeing all the financial and accounting functions, including billing, accounts payable and receivable, budgeting, and other functions.
The Corporate Controller will play a key role on process and performance, and. You will continue to professionalize the accounting function, build process and controls, and project manage larger initiatives. The Controller will impact financial and operating results by ensuring the integrity of the recorded numbers in conjunction with analysis and insight to support performance improvements. You will effectively challenge the organization, problem solve and be hands-on in finding solutions in a very fast growing and dynamic company.
The finance function at Candytopia is deeply integrated with various departments across company operations. The successful candidate will develop relationships across the company and implement processes that will enable scale. Candytopia's creativity and entrepreneurial culture has made our success possible and this opportunity critically entails "rolling up sleeves" to build, operationalize, develop, and optimize the finance/accounting function of the company.
What you'll do
- Lead the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual Group consolidated & individual Company level financial reporting packages and all other external reporting documents.
- Research, interpret and recommend relevant accounting policies.
- Full management of the budgeting and forecasting cycle, including long range planning, strategy and operating business plans.
- Prepare working capital reports, consolidate cash flow, and oversee treasury management and related banking matters for the corporation, including debt management and preparation of monthly / quarterly banking covenant calculations.
- Coordinate & direct the preparation of budgets, cash flow, financial forecasts and report variances.
- Manage consolidated cash flow and foreign currencies, including other hedging practices.
- Provide robust financial control and quality reporting packages to increase visibility of business performance. Including meaningful financial and business analysis that contributes to management decision making and company strategy.
- Development and execution for all accounting/finance matters including general ledger accounting, full cycle A/R and A/P, budgeting and forecasting, insurance, policy decisions, banking, tax, audit, investor and banking relationships, due diligence, credit risk assessment and management of all new and existing clients, and acquisitions.
- Maintain and strengthen internal controls - assurance of compliance and appropriate internal control testing.
- Streamline process around corporate reporting and cash management.
- Supervise and lead the preparation of the audit working papers and act as a direct liaison with auditors.
- Gain a working level understanding of all job functions within the administration/operation/chartering & sales area to effectively participate in strategic management of the company.
- Continuous evaluation of short and long term strategic financial objectives.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies with the focus on efficiencies.
- Maintain & strengthen internal controls.
Candidates will find success in this role if
- You're comfortable with a fast-growing and fast-moving environment where adapting to change is part of the company's culture.
- You're excited to work cross-functionally and learn how to best support different departments.
- You're comfortable identifying and executing the highest priority projects but know when to escalate or ask for help.
- You present clear and well-documented work that can be easily followed by a non-financial person.
- You can make financial results digestible and are comfortable in one-on-one meetings to through all-hands presentation.
- BS/BA or equivalent degree in Accounting or other related field
- 5-7+ years of accounting experience in a senior accounting or financial management role
- Experience preparing consolidated financial statements across multiple entities, including international accounting
- Must be a hands-on, roll up your sleeves type Controller that enjoys a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP and Retail/Entertainment revenue recognition models
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
with all levels of employees
- Solid organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Public accounting experience is a strong plus
- Successful candidates possessing or working towards a CPA is preferred
Candytopia is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.