MONDAYS DON’T HAVE TO SUCK!
Join our Candy kingdom as the General Manager of Candytopia Houston. Take four wall P&L accountability, leading a team of Assistant managers & Candytopians, within our sprawling sanctuary of confectionery bliss, tastefully curated by Hollywood Candy Queen, Jackie Sorkin & realized by master fabricator, Zac Hartog.
Be the General Manager of our MAGICAL, DARK & EVEN A TAD TWISTED WORLD.
This is a temporary Salaried position that will run for six months.
We are looking for retail & entertainment leaders who love people, entertaining crowds, and candy!
You must crave the opportunity to put sweetness and smiles on people's faces through leading a high performing team.
You must be able to ignite the energy of your team, manage competing priorities and operational logistics in order to create a fantastical, mind-warping, lip-smacking, jaw-dropping, eye-boggling experience for all!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage day-to-day Candytopia operations, establishing and maintaining a positive, high energy work environment, while providing leadership to set and maintain Candytopia brand standards and training for a customer experience like no other!
- Responsible for delivering, through your team of Assistant Managers & Candytopians, a consistent experience for our visitors while ensuring all daily operational needs meet our high standards.
- Rock our guests’ world by optimizing their experience through your ability to let your imagination soar & transfer that skill to your team of Canytopians.
- Resolve visitor & team members concerns while establishing consistent responses and guidelines for all.
- Maintain an exemplary level of customer service at all touch points within our Candy Kingdom.
- Support COO in executing cycle count and inventory management process.
- Lead additional training of all Candytopians with our retail store.
- Protect company assets and minimize loss through store standards and operating procedures.
- Collect visitor feedback focusing on continuous improvement.
- Maintain and build a strong sense of community, integrity and brand for all who live in and visit our magical world.
- Effectively communicate with the Senior Leadership team, direct reports & contracted vendors (security, parking services, janitorial, etc.).
- Be the Guardian of the Candytopia brand while being present and accessible throughout Candytopia.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- You love to work with people & bring the party, with at least 3 years Leadership experience (Retail, Customer Service, Entertainment industry)
- Flexibility to support your team and internally motivated to develop them to achieve professional and organizational goals.
- Possess the pace and sense of urgency, while working effectively and enthusiastically in a high-volume, high paced environment.
- Proven success in scheduling and managing a large team of part-time employees is mandatory.
- Demonstrable, successful skills in customer service, employee retention and de-escalation of employee relations and customer matters.
- Regular weekend and evening availability.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), and proficiency with PC
- Excellent written, verbal communication, planning and prioritization skills
- Knowledge of Point of Sale technology
- Burning desire to work in a start-up, first of its kind, flying the plane as you build it environment
- Knowledge of carpentry, electrical, art and audio preferred
What if an eccentric chocolatier and a daredevil pop star had a whirlwind romance, got married while skydiving, and had a glamorous, glittering love. This six-month event celebrates the vibrant colors and flavors of our favorite sugary delights through a series of interactive art installations in over a dozen environments, from flying unicorn pigs to a marshmallow tsunami. If you ever dreamed of nibbling your way through Candyland or scoring a Golden Ticket, you’ve come to the right place. Apply today to be our General Manager! Treat yourself to working at Candytopia and let your taste buds and your imagination soar!