Join our Candy Kingdom as the Chief Marketing Officer for Candytopia LLC. Reporting to the COO of this privately held company, manage and supervise the daily activities of the corporate marketing department to include, but not limited to, the development and execution of national/ international marketing & PR strategy, promotion of events through pre-event correspondence and media coverage, establishment of promotional partnerships, optimization of social media accounts & outlets, supervision of internal and external staff.
The CMO is instrumental in spreading the word on Candytopia with an enthusiastic and genuine voice. You will be managing our internal members and outside marketing-related partners to ensure we share a cohesive and consistent story to the world.
Become the CMO of our magical universe. This is a salaried full-time position, requiring up to 30% travel in the United States. Ideally located in San Francisco, CA, the position can be based remote across the country (preferably on the West Coast)
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work closely with senior management to develop and implement a strategic marketing plan that is consistent with the company’s vision.
- Lead PR and corporate communications through social media & traditional marketing efforts.
- Supervise and develop internal marketing team.
- Provide metrics and reporting to internal teams as well as dashboards for sponsors.
- Monitor effectiveness of all marketing efforts for continuous improvement.
- Manage outside teams such as PR agency, paid media, social media, etc.
- Implement & drive CRM and CX technology.
- Setup and manage paid acquisition budget.
- Identify and establish core acquisition metrics and assume responsibility for each.
- Oversee all paid channels – Facebook, Instagram, Google Search.
- Handle all partnerships and the successful promotion of them.
- Collaborate with event teams to promote launches, partnerships, ticket releases, etc.
- Act as an advocate for bold and creative thinking, constantly encouraging teams to go beyond the status quo.
- Operate an influencer and social media marketing plan that expands Candytopia’s reach and helps differentiate Candytopia in today’s market.
- Provide ideas and art direction to creative agencies such as graphic designers, web developers and video producers.
- Ensure consistent release of new content for multiple company website properties, define the social media strategy and ensure the successful execution of the plans.
- Handle all content creation which may require the use of Photoshop, Premier, or other editing software.
- Other duties, functions, special projects and responsibilities as assigned.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- 8+ years of corporate marketing experience
- Exceptional communicator with all audiences from C-level executive staff to technical specialists.
- Strong project management skills, with ability to manage multiple people, outside agencies and concurrent projects.
- Sense of urgency while working effectively and enthusiastically in a high-volume, high paced environment
- Strong analytical aptitude
- Excellent written, verbal communication, planning and prioritization skills
- Burning desire to work in a start-up, 1st of its kind, flying the plane in a build-it culture
- Top-notch ability to define the editorial calendar, create and edit content, and manage production in all media forms – copy, graphics, videos, presentations, etc.
- Experienced in managing a corporate website, search engine marketing and search engine optimization programs.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Welcome to Candytopia, where colossal candyfloss constructions meld with a tantalizing taffy twistedness!
Candytopia travels the country sharing our confectionary bliss. Tastefully curated by Hollywood Candy Queen Jackie Sorkin, realized by master fabricator Zac Hartog, and brought to life by life-long retailer, John Goodman. Our first location opened in Santa Monica in March of 2018. We’ve since gone on to open successful locations in New York City, San Francisco, Atlanta, Minneapolis, and Dallas with many more on the horizon. In that time, Candytopia has seen over 700,000 guests and hired over 1,000 employees across the nation.
Our touring pop-up events celebrate the vibrant colors and flavors of our favorite sugary delights through a series of interactive art installations in over a dozen environments, from flying unicorn pigs to a marshmallow tsunami.
If you ever dreamed of nibbling your way through Candyland or scoring a Golden Ticket, you’ve come to the right place. Apply today to be our Chief Marketing Officer! Treat yourself to working at Candytopia and let your tastebuds and your imagination soar!