Join our Candy Kingdom as the VP, People & Culture (HR) for Candytopia LLC. Reporting to the CEO of this privately held company, serve as our HR leader supporting the company’s growth, through further developing its People Strategy; as well as delivering outstanding HR support to Candytopia field locations, non-exempt population, managers and executive leadership team. Through grit, tenacity, intense engagement and HR excellence, lead, deliver and sustain Candytopia’s Human Resource and People Strategy.
In this operations-facing role, we are seeking a VP, People & Culture who:
- Possesses the ability to be hands-on, analytical, pro-active, and customer centric
- Is highly motivated and a self-starter
- Delivers creative problem solving, is detail oriented and has the interpersonal skills to work cross-functionally with all departments and remote Candytopia locations.
At Candytopia, people matter! The VP, People & Culture is instrumental in ensuring the company develops and delivers programs to enhance the employee experience, exemplify living the company’s values in order to have a direct, positive impact on our Guest’s experience.
Become the VP, People & Culture of our magical world. This is a salaried full-time position, requiring up to 25% travel in the United States. Ideally located in San Francisco, CA, the position can be based remote across the country (preferably on the West Coast)
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Provide advice and support managers and employees with people-related processes such as leveraging all TriNet resources to deliver performance management, leadership development, coaching, talent acquisition, payroll, and policy interpretation.
- Uses your consultative skills with internal business partners and provides strategic direction
- Manage the PEO relationship, as well as, administer core HR processes including employee relations, compensation, benefits, performance management and workforce planning within the Candytopia locations.
- Consult with Candytopia leadership on strategic and tactical human resource planning issue resolution in order to drive business results and scale the business.
- Lead the execution of Candytopia’s Talent Acquisition strategy, for Candytopia level positions, through the on-site General Manager and Operations Manager.
- Develop and implement compensation packages for all levels of the organization
- Provide functional guidance, advice and/or training to business partners regarding TriNet HR processes to ensure successful grand opening and continuing operations with each Candytopia exhibit.
- Oversee and manage all event hires, training, and terminations through the site GMs
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- You are an enthusiastic person who loves to work with people and has at least 10 years HR experience (preferably in Start-Up environment within the Retail, Customer Service, Entertainment industry)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in HR leader position responsible for the HR function
- Flexibility to support your team and internally motivated to develop them to achieve professional and organizational goals
- Sense of urgency while working effectively and enthusiastically in a high-volume, high paced environment
- Proven success in high volume recruiting and HR support for large non-exempt population
- Demonstrable, successful skills in customer service, employee retention and de-escalation of employee relations and customer matters
- Previous experience leading the RFP, POC and implementation of external HR service providers (PEO, ATS, HRIS, Payroll & Time Keeping systems)
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), and proficiency with PC
- Excellent written, verbal communication, planning and prioritization skills
- Burning desire to work in a start-up, 1st of its kind, flying the plane in a build-it culture
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Business Management & Human Resources
- Understanding of and ability to interpret and apply federal and state employment legislation, nationwide
- SHRM certification preferred.
Welcome to Candytopia, where colossal candyfloss constructions meld with a tantalizing taffy twistedness!
Candytopia travels the country sharing our confectionary bliss. Tastefully curated by Hollywood Candy Queen Jackie Sorkin, realized by master fabricator Zac Hartog, and brought to life by life-long retailer, John Goodman. Our first location opened in Santa Monica in March of 2018. We’ve since gone on to open successful locations in New York City, San Francisco, Atlanta, Minneapolis, and Dallas with many more on the horizon. In that time, Candytopia has seen over 700,000 guests and hired over 1,000 employees across the nation.
Our touring pop-up events celebrate the vibrant colors and flavors of our favorite sugary delights through a series of interactive art installations in over a dozen environments, from flying unicorn pigs to a marshmallow tsunami.
If you ever dreamed of nibbling your way through Candyland or scoring a Golden Ticket, you’ve come to the right place. Apply today to be our VP, People & Culture! Treat yourself to working at Candytopia and let your tastebuds and your imagination soar!