MONDAYs DON’T HAVE TO SUCK!
Join our Candy kingdom as the General Manager of Candytopia. Take four wall P&L accountability, leading a team of Assistant managers & Candytopians, within for our sprawling sanctuary of confectionary bliss, tastefully curated by Hollywood Candy Queen, Jackie Sorkin & realized by master fabricator, Zac Hartog.
Be the General Manager of our MAGICAL, DARK & EVEN A TAD TWISTED WORLD.
This is a temporary Salaried position that will run for four months. Reporting to the CEO, opportunity for this to evolve into full time permanent position, traveling the country on our Sweet Mess Express!
We are looking for retail & entertainment Leaders who love people, to entertain crowds, party and candy!
You must crave the opportunity to put sweetness and smiles on people's faces through leading a high performing team.
You must be able to ignite the energy of your team, manage competing priorities and operational logistics in order to create a fantastical, mind-warping, lip-smacking, jaw-dropping, eye-boggling experience for all!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage day-to-day Candytopia operations, establishing and maintaining a positive, high energy work environment, while providing leadership to set and maintain Candytopia Brand standards and training for a customer experience like no other!
- Responsible to deliver, through your team of Assistant Mangers & Candytopians, a consistent experience for our visitors while ensuring all daily operational needs meet our high standards.
- Rock our guests’ world by optimizing their experience through your ability to let your imagination soar & transfer that skill to your team of Canytopians.
- Resolve visitor & team members concerns while establishing consistent responses and guidelines for all.
- Maintain an exemplary level of customer service at all touch points within our Candy Kingdom.
- Support CEO in executing cycle count and inventory management process.
- Lead additional training of all Candytopians with our retail store.
- Protect company assets and minimize loss through store standards and operating procedures.
- Collect visitor feedback focusing on continuous improvement.
- Maintain and build a strong sense of community, integrity and brand for all who live in and visit our magical world.
- Effectively communicate and the Senior Leadership team, direct reports & contracted vendors (security, parking services & janitorial).
- Be the Guardian of the Candytopia brand while be present and accessible throughout Candytopia.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- You love to work with people & bring the party, with at least 3 years Leadership experience Retail, Customer Service, Entertainment industry)
- Flexibility to support your team and internally motivated to develop them to achieve professional and organizational goals.
- Possess the pace and sense of urgency to while working effectively and enthusiastically in a high-volume, high paced environment.
- Proven success in scheduling and managing a large team of part-time employees is mandatory.
- Demonstrable, successful skills in customer service, employee retention and de-escalation of employee relations and customer matters.
- Regular weekend and evening availability.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), and proficiency with PC
- Excellent written, verbal communication, planning and prioritization skills
- Knowledge of Point of Sale technology
- Burning desire to work in a start-up, 1st of its kind, flying the plane as you build it environment
- Knowledge of carpentry, electrical, art and audio preferred
What if an eccentric chocolatier and a daredevil pop star had a whirlwind romance, got married while skydiving, and had a glamorous, glittering love. This three-month event celebrates the vibrant colors and flavors of our favorite sugary delights through a series of interactive art installations in over a dozen environments, from flying unicorn pigs to a marshmallow tsunami. If you ever dreamed of nibbling your way through Candyland or scoring a Golden Ticket, you’ve come to the right place. Apply today to be our General Manager! Treat yourself to working at Candytopia and let your tastebuds and your imagination soar!