MONDAYs DON’T HAVE TO SUCK!
Join our Candy kingdom as the Director, Human Resources for Candytopia LLC. Reporting to the CEO of this privately held company, serve as the HR leader supporting the company’s growth, through further developing its People Strategy, as well as deliver outstanding HR support to Candytopia field locations, non-exempt population, managers and executive leadership team. Through grit, tenacity, intense engagement and HR excellence, lead, deliver and sustain Candytopia’s Human Resource and People Strategy.
In this operations-facing role, we are seeking a Director, Human Resources who:
· Possesses a combination of desire to be hands-on desire, analytical prowess & pro-active customer centricity
· Delivers creative problem solving, is detail oriented and has the interpersonal skills to work cross-functionally with all departments and remote Candytopia locations.
At Candytopia, people matter! The Director, Human Resources is instrumental in ensuring the company develops and delivers programs to enhance the employee experience, exemplify living the company’s values in order to have a direct, positive impact on our Guest’s experience.
Become the Director, Human Resources of our MAGICAL, DARK & EVEN A TAD TWISTED WORLD. This is a salaried full-time position, requiring up to 50% travel in the United States on our Sweet Mess Express! Ideally located in San Francisco, CA, the position can be based remote across the country (preferably on the West Coast)
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Provide advice and support managers and employees with people-related processes such as leveraging all TriNet resources to deliver performance management, leadership development, coaching, talent acquisition, payroll, and policy interpretation.
- Use consultative skills with internal business partners; provide strategic direction
- Manage the PEO relationship, as well as, administer core HR processes including employee relations, compensation, benefits, performance management and workforce planning within the Candytopia locations.
- Consult with Candytopia leadership on strategic and tactical human resource planning issue resolution in order to drive business results and scale the business.
- Lead the execution of Candytopia’s Talent Acquisition strategy, for Candytopia level positions, through the on-site General Manager and Operations Manager.
- Provide functional guidance, advice and/or training to business partners regarding Trinet HR processes to ensure successful grand opening and continuing operations with each Candytopia exhibit.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
· You love to work with people & bring the party, with at least 10 years HR experience (preferably in Start-Up environment within the Retail, Customer Service, Entertainment industry)
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in HR leader position responsible for the HR function
· Flexibility to support your team and internally motivated to develop them to achieve professional and organizational goals
· Pace and sense of urgency to while working effectively and enthusiastically in a high-volume, high paced environment
· Proven success in high volume recruiting and HR support for large non-exempt population
· Demonstrable, successful skills in customer service, employee retention and de-escalation of employee relations and customer matters
· Previous experience leading the RFP, POC and implementation of external HR service providers such as PEO, ATS, HRIS, Payroll & Time Keeping systems
· Expertise in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), and proficiency with PC
· Excellent written, verbal communication, planning and prioritization skills
· Burning desire to work in a start-up, 1st of its kind, flying the plane as you build it environment
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Business Management & Human Resources
· Understanding of and ability to interpret and apply federal and state employment legislation, nationwide
· SHRM certification preferred.
What if an eccentric chocolatier and a daredevil pop star had a whirlwind romance, got married while skydiving, and had a glamorous, glittering love child who grew up to rule a small nation? Welcome to Candytopia, where colossal candyfloss constructions meld with a tantalizing taffy twistedness!
Candytopia travels the country with a sprawling sanctuary of confectionary bliss, tastefully curated by Hollywood Candy Queen, Jackie Sorkin & realized by master fabricator, Zac Hartog. Our first location opened in Santa Monica (Spring 2018) and it now opening its 2nd and 3rd location in New York and San Francisco.
Our touring pop-up events celebrate the vibrant colors and flavors of our favorite sugary delights through a series of interactive art installations in over a dozen environments, from flying unicorn pigs to a marshmallow tsunami.
If you ever dreamed of nibbling your way through Candyland or scoring a Golden Ticket, you’ve come to the right place. Apply today to be our Director, Human Resources! Treat yourself to working at Candytopia and let your tastebuds and your imagination soar!