Leverage your leadership and excellent organizational skills to deliver an outstanding guest and
employee experience within our magical fantasy world of Candytopia.
As Operations Manager, you must be able to ignite the energy of others around you, manage competing priorities and operational logistics in order to create a fantastical, mind-warping, lip-smacking, jaw-dropping, eye-boggling experience for all!
THE SHOES YOU WILL FILL:
As the Operations Manager, you will support the General Manager in delivering on-time and
effective operational, staffing, and guest experience-related results.
HOW YOU WILL SPEND YOUR DAYS...& NIGHTS...& WEEKENDS:
· Under the direction of the General Manager, execute the day-to-day Candytopia operations, establishing and maintaining a positive, high energy work environment
· Act as a role model for all Candytopia team members by following and administering Candytopia brand standards, operational procedures and customer experience process
· Rock our guests’ world by optimizing their experience through your ability to let your
imagination soar & transfer that skill to your team of Candytopians
· Resolve guest & team members concerns with consistent responses following company
guidelines, policies and procedures
· Provide break coverage for Candytopian and Retail team members
· Maintain an exemplary level of customer service at all touch points within our Candy Kingdom
· With General Manager approval, enter new hire employee data, time card information, drafting
work schedules, facilitate new hire orientation and casting call hiring process
· Protect company assets and minimize loss through store standards and operating procedure
· Effectively communicate to all Guests, Candytopia employees & contracted vendors
· Be the guardian of the Candytopia brand by being present and accessible throughout Candytopiawhile working scheduled shift
WHAT YOU BRING:
· You love to work with people & bring the party, with at least 3 years Leadership
experience in Retail, Customer Service, and/or Entertainment industry
· Flexibility to support the team and internally motivated to answer questions so that they
Achieve professional and organizational goals
· Possess the pace and sense of urgency to while working effectively and enthusiastically
in a high-volume, high paced environment
· Proven success in hiring hourly employees, scheduling and managing a large team of
part-time employees is mandatory
· Demonstrable, successful skills in customer service, employee retention and
de-escalation of employee relations and customer matters
· Regularly available to work 30-40 hours including weekends, evenings and days through Jan/Feb 2019
· Expertise in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), and proficiency with PC
· Excellent written, verbal communication, planning and prioritization skills
· Knowledge of Point of Sale technology
· Burning desire to work in a start-up
· Knowledge of carpentry, electrical, art and audio preferred
WHAT'S PHYSICALLY REQUIRED:
While performing the essential job functions of this role, you’ll be required to push, pull, squat,
bend, stoop, lift and reach. You’ll be required to stand/walk for entirety of work shift, outside of
required meal/rest periods.
· Position is part-time, hourly and reports to the General Manager of Candytopia at our new
Midtown-Penn Plaza location.
Candytopia LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, citizenship status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.