We are on the hunt for playful, creative, and proactive leaders to champion our kingdom of Candytopians as they provide the ultimate experience for our guests.
You are customer-centric, friendly, and solutions-oriented…and have an appreciation of our passion for candy!
THE SHOES YOU WILL FILL:
As an Assistant Manager, you have the unique and incredible responsibility for nurturing our retail
and performing team members, as well as our guests. You will help to cultivate a fun, safe, and
respectful work environment for all team members. You will support the General Manager in delivering on-time and effective operational, staffing, and guest experience-related results.
HOW YOU WILL SPEND YOUR DAYS...& NIGHTS...& WEEKENDS:
· Assist in orienting, training, and nurturing friendly and happy team members. Position the right
team members in roles where they can best impact company goals.
· Support GM in scheduling, time and attendance reporting, and skill placement of team members
· Engage with and entertain guests at all times, acting as a Candytopia brand ambassador
· Energetically resolve all guest experience concerns
· Follow, and lead team members to comply with, all safety and operational procedures
· Problem-solve obstacles with and for your team, to guarantee an outstanding guest experience
· Maintain a high-energy and positive spirit with your team, even in the “not so sweet” moments
when challenges arise
· Multi-task within a rapidly moving entertainment environment, with a high volume of guests
· Provide break coverage for Candytopian and Retail team members
· Support Retail department via inventory management/reconciliation and team member training
· Maintain housekeeping standards via direct involvement and team member/janitorial oversight
WHAT YOU BRING:
· Desire to entertain and intense work ethic – our “play” is our work
· Strong ability to lead others and nurture their creativity
· Outstanding communication and problem-solving skills, with continual emphasis on guest
· Agility, adaptability, and flexibility
· Available to work 25-30 hours per week through Jan/Feb 2019, including nights & weekends at
our Midtown at Penn Plaza
WHAT'S PHYSICALLY REQUIRED:
While performing the essential job functions of this role, you’ll be required to push, pull, squat,
bend, stoop, lift and reach. You’ll be required to stand/walk for entirety of work shift, outside of
required meal/rest periods.
Position is part-time, hourly and reports to the General Manager of Candytopia
Candytopia LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, citizenship status, veteran status or
any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.