As a Server Engineer at Magic Soup, you will be responsible for the implementation of the server-side systems for our upcoming multiplayer game. You will work closely with our design & engineering team to ensure that the backend system designs are demonstrably reliable, scalable, and performant. As an early hire you must be capable of standing up new systems with little oversight, and be able to evaluate the needs and implications from game designs. You will be our primary expert in the technical requirements and limitations and therefore must have strong communications skills to illustrate opportunities and constraints.
- Collaborate with other departments to deliver a high-quality game experience
- Implement or obtain solutions for persistence, authentication, deployment of our server stack.
- Ensure monitoring and tooling are adequate for early development, while anticipating the requirements for production.
- Optimize server performance, accessibility and security
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices
- 10+ years of experience in backend development
- Proven experience on multiple realtime multiplayer titles, or applications with similar realtime requirements.
- Experience with distributed systems, serverless architectures, and microservices
- Proficiency in multiple backend languages such as Java, C++, C#
- Deep experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Strong communication skills
- Magic Soup is a startup with a strong foundation. We are well funded with plenty of runway for a healthy incubation period for our new game.
- We are fully remote with a window of hours for collaboration and otherwise flexible hours.
- We have periodic offsites for in person meetings but are flexible and understanding that your personal situation may not always allow for travel.
- Our compensation is competitive with equity being a key part of the equation. We want every Chef to feel a sense of ownership and benefit from the rewards that will come with success.
- In addition to a competitive base salary and equity, Chefs will receive many other benefits including PTO, health, vision, dental insurance, 401K and more.