The Metis Foundation is seeking a Clinical Research Nurse to support clinical research studies conducted at multiple San Antonio area Hospitals. The Metis Foundation is a 501c (3) specifically organized to advance clinically relevant scientific research to the medical community, especially within the US Department of Defense. We provide scientific, educational, financial, and project management support in the conduct of federally and industry-sponsored research, clinical trials, and education.
The incumbent works under the direction of the Research Director/Principal Investigator who determines the Statement of Work objectives, goals, and milestones. Conducted work will be reviewed by the Director and other members of the scientific and technical staff. Work is reviewed for the application of research methods and practices in achieving results and adherence to research protocols.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Screening, recruitment, and consent of potential study subjects.
- Performs study-related procedures, specimen and data collection, and data entry into databases. May require using clinical skills such as drawing blood, performing wound care, and operating medical and data acquisition equipment.
- Maintain study records, master files, equipment, and supplies.
- Participates in research team meetings and activities.
- Assist with preparation of protocols and reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Human Subjects Research and Good Clinical Practice (GCP) is highly recommended.
- Ability to learn clinical research protocols.
- Meet deadlines of projects.
- Have strong communication and organization.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse.
Minimum Experience: 1 Year of research experience required.
Physical Capabilities: Long periods of sitting, standing, escorting patients, carrying light items; may encounter patients who are confused, agitated, or abusive
Required Licenses, Certification, or Registration: Registered Nurse Certification
Work Environment: Office and clinical patient care area; possible evening and/or weekend hours.
Metis Foundation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.