Looking for a highly motivated Data Engineer with a passion for data, to build and implement data pipelines in cloud technologies. Work from home in a highly flexible environment using a blend of open source and industry leading technology and working with data in the beverage alcohol space.
- Develops and maintains scalable data pipelines and builds out new ETL and API integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity.
- Develop and maintain data models for core package application and reporting databases to describe objects and fields for support documentation and to facilitate custom application development and data integration.
- Monitoring execution and performance of daily pipelines, triage and escalate any issues.
- Collaborates with analytics and business teams to improve data models and data pipelines that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility and fostering data-driven decision making across the organization.
- Implements processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes.
- Writes unit/integration tests, contributes to engineering wiki, and documents work.
- Performs data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues.
- Work within AWS/Linux cloud systems environment in support of data integration solution
- Works closely with a team of frontend and backend engineers, product managers, and analysts.
- Teamwork: Collaborate with team members. Share knowledge, provide visibility into personal accomplishments and follow direction when provided
Skills and Qualifications:
- AWS services including but not limited to S3, Athena, EC2, EMR, Glue
- Ability to solve any ongoing issues with operating the cluster
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
- Experience with various database technologies such as SQLServer, Redshift, Postgres, RDS
- Experience with one or more of the following data integration platforms: Pentaho Kettle, SnapLogic, Talend OpenStudio, Jitterbit, Informatica PowerCenter, or similar
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service
- Experience with collecting/managing/reporting-on large data stores.
- Awareness of Data governance and data quality principles.
- Well versed in Business Analytics including basic metric building and troubleshooting
- Understand Integration architecture: application integration and data flow diagrams, source-to-target mappings, data dictionary reports
- Familiar with Web Services: XML, REST, SOAP
- Experience with Git or similar version control software
- Experience with integrations with and/or use of BI tools such as GoodData (Prefered), Tableau, PowerBI, or similar.
- Broad experience multiple RDBMS: MS SQLServer, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift
- Familiarity with SaaS/cloud data systems (e.g. Salesforce)
- Data warehouse design: star-schemas, change data capture, denormalization
- SQL/DDL queries/Tuning techniques such as indexing, sorting, distribution
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 3+ years of Data Pipeline development such as SnapLogic (preferred) or Datastage, Informatica or related experience
- 3+ years of SQL experience (No-SQL experience is a plus)
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining data pipelines
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k and company match
- Open vacation policy
- Fully remote work
- Annual technology and internet stipend
GreatVines is a rapidly growing Cloud technology company focused on the Alcoholic Beverage market. We have an exciting and strong team of implementation consultants, advanced software engineers and subject matter experts.
GreatVines aims to provide superior software solutions for producers and distributors of wine, spirits and beer. The team’s focus is constant innovation, leveraging the best technology available.
Candidates that do not complete all parts of application, including compensation, may not be considered. The application is your chance to impress us. Provide desired comp in annual dollars, this is not a contract or hourly role.
Do not call, no recruitment professionals please.