The Senior Scientist is responsible for novel formulations and delivery technologies that meet regulatory and commercial requirements. The Sr. Scientist actively participates in all the phases of development including the pre-formulation, process development and scale-up.
• Independently designs and executes formulation and process development study protocols, stability and product characterization studies
• Analyzes data and performs root cause analysis in trouble shooting
• Prepares reports on project status, literature reviews, and technical issues and their resolution affecting the product development
• Evaluates and develops new platform technologies and contributes to building Cure’s intellectual property portfolio
• Interfaces with manufacturing to ensure effective transfer of product formulations, manufacturing process and relevant technology transfer documents for drug product.
• Author formulation development and stability sections of regulatory submissions
• Maintain state-of-the-art scientific knowledge and innovatively integrate new technologies into the work stream within the company.
• Works in a cross-functional environment interacting with departments such as regulatory, quality, manufacturing and project management
• Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Possesses broad analytical chemistry knowledge in HPLC, GC, UV, FTIR and other related analytical technologies
• Good understanding of USP methodologies, ICH Guidelines, cGMP and FDA regulations.
• Good understanding of patent law
• Scientific contribution skills as demonstrated by posters, patents or presentations, and approved submissions with FDA, EMEA, and other regulatory bodies
• Well versed in scientific and personal computer hardware and software applications
• Understands timelines and demonstrates a sense of urgency in work and in responding to customers and colleagues.
• Proactive, plans ahead, anticipates challenges accomplishes what is expected and adds value to the job
• Good working knowledge Environmental Health and Safety practices
• Ability to clearly communicate, both verbally and in writing, to all levels of the organization
• Problem Solver: Ability to apply critical and creative thinking to; improving processes, meeting challenges and solving problems
• A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
• Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities
ABOUT CURE PHARMACEUTICAL
CURE Pharmaceutical is a vertically integrated drug delivery and development company committed to improving drug efficacy, safety and the patient experience through its proprietary drug dosage forms and delivery systems. CURE has a full-service cGMP manufacturing facility and is a pioneering developer and manufacturer of a patented and proprietary delivery system (CUREfilm™), one of the most advanced oral thin film on the market today. CURE is developing an array of products in cutting-edge delivery platforms and partners with biotech and pharmaceutical companies. CURE has positioned itself to advance numerous therapeutic categories, including the pharmaceutical cannabis sector with partnerships in the U.S., Canada, Israel and Germany, among other markets. The company’s mission is to improve people’s lives by redefining how medicines are delivered and experienced.
Our comprehensive package of benefits for eligible employees includes the following:
• Competitive compensation package with stock options and bonus incentives for excellent performance
• Competitive group benefit program, including medical, dental, voluntary life, disability and vision insurance
• Company-paid basic life/AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurances
• Paid time-off program consisting of vacation, sick, holidays, floating holidays and company-designated shutdown
• Tax-advantaged savings plan (401(k))