The VP, Product Development is responsible for leading research and product development operations in support of Cure’s growth targets. S/he will manage the product development pipeline, develop strategic alliances, drive innovation and serve as a key member of the leadership team.
Leadership and strategy
• Help set Cure’s corporate strategy as it relates to formulation science and implement the strategy tactically by overseeing Cure’s research and product development organization
• Provide other members of the leadership team with continuous scientific input to inform business development, clinical development, commercialization, financial planning and execution, regulatory matters and manufacturing.
• Translate Cure’s science into understandable concepts for investors, partners, and other stakeholders.
• Develop and implement Cure’s strategy for collaborating with academia
• Create the vision, establish the goals and budgets, make policy and infrastructure decisions for the product development department that ensure linkage to the business strategy
• Lead cultural and organizational change and implement operational excellence for continuous improvement of competitiveness and financial performance
Operations and management
• Implement the appropriate team and departmental structure and establish the required processes and communications to enable the department to effectively deliver on all commitments
• Responsible for talent management (recruitment, development and retention) in Product Development department
• Establish a GLP laboratory and oversee the selection and management of CROs and bioanalytical laboratories supporting Cure’s development programs
• Establish and maintain relations with outside scientific and clinical experts in relevant disciplines to support Cure’s current and future planned research and product development activities
• Provide exemplary overall scientific and operational leadership in identifying, evaluating and developing new drug formulations
• Develop and execute an aggressive intellectual property protection strategy
• Maintain the highest quality of scientific inquiry supporting Cure’s drug formulation and development process
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Robust clinical development experience with successful track record of programs leading to FDA approval preferred
• Solid knowledge of FDA and cGMP regulations
• Solid knowledge and proven experience in creating and securing IP
• Overall business understanding including experience in business development and licensing contracts
• Strong results driven personality, high level of enthusiasm and energy
• Strong networking skills with experts in academia and industry: record of maintaining and developing successful relationships with opinion leaders and investigators
• Fiscal responsibility: ability to facilitate commercial return from research and development investments
• Strong ability to multi-task and to handle multiple programs and portfolios in drug discovery and development
• Leadership and mentoring capabilities and strong interpersonal skills
• Strong communication and public presentation skills
• Excellent judgment and decision-making capabilities
• Flexibility to acquire additional competencies and skill sets as mandated by the changing needs of the organization
Experience: Minimum 15 years of experience in basic and applied research and development in pharma and biotech; solid scientific track record, exemplified by publications, and overall stature in the field, with at least 5 of those years in a senior supervisory role.