The Director of Business Development is responsible for leading all business development activities from scouting via due diligence, internal project planning towards term sheet preparation and internal management presentation up to negotiating a deal, the Director of Business Development will work closely with our pharma partners and internal stakeholders to partner CENTOGENE’s offerings. The Director of Business Development will be executing strategy for identifying key growth markets and evaluating opportunities in the global pharmaceutical area. This person will be a key contributor to global business development initiatives that are consistent with the company’s overall strategy.
- Identify new pharma partners for CENTOGENE´s unique offerings in the field of rare diseases
- Regular interaction with pharma customers to identify project ideas and develop strong customer relations
- Lead partner negotiations through contract execution, create draft proposals including medical rationale, review contracts and contract terms, and build consensus with the external counterparts
- Coordinate with CENTOGENE departments including our global R&D, M&S and operational teams to design the most competitive offering for each potential pharma partner across the spectrum of rare diseases
- Communicate deal funnel and forecast business for new partnerships on a quarterly basis to CENTOGENE management team
- Proactively seek, establish, and leverage domestic and global industry contacts from academic institutions, venture firms, early and late stage biotech/biopharma, and mid to large pharmaceutical companies to gain early access to this and non-obvious opportunities.
- Lead with authority and credibility due diligence on new opportunities and distill. Present information to multiple audiences with appropriate business, scientific and commercial analytics to optimize decision-making
- Identify new pharma partnership opportunities leveraging Centogene data assets
- Coordinate with CENTOGENE departments including our R&D, Clinical Trials and Lab operational teams to design the most competitive offering for each potential pharma partner across the spectrum of rare diseases
- Own partner negotiations through contract execution, create draft proposals including medical rationale and build consensus with the external counterpart
- Communicate deal funnel and forecast business for newly identified programs on a quarterly basis to CENTOGENE management team
- Regular interaction with pharma customers to align expectations and develop strong customer relations
- Drive analysis and recommendations on key strategic decisions, including partnering with key leaders in the orphan drug market
- Lead business strategy development work closely with business leadership and real-time input from the external environment (e.g., technology, competitors, etc.).
- Analyze market, industry and technology trends and incorporate them into a comprehensive business strategy that extends CENTOGENE’s capabilities and contributes to growth
- Forge positive relationships across all internal and external communities and promote the company as a preferred choice in strategic transactions
- Ensure compliance with applicable internal and external policies.
- Promote a high performance, results oriented collaborative work culture.
- Establish clear expectations and exemplify delivery of excellent performance.
- Other job duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred in a scientific discipline with PhD highly desirable.
• Minimum of 5 plus years of Business Development experience in pharmaceutical, biotech or Life sciences industries
• Knowledge of neurological, metabolic and orphan drug markets and clinical development
• Experience in International business development in pharma and/or biotech and/or CROs
• Working with global (small and large) organizations and cross-functional teams
• Excellent business development skills in the pharmaceutical area, especially in the rare disease environment
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Well organized, detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
• Means to work independently, oriented towards performance and results
• Solid grasp of scientific and medical concepts and procedures
• Strong aggregate background in science/medicine and search and evaluation (external innovation, business development).
• Knowledge of external healthcare business environment along with an understanding of competitive history and ability to forecast future developments.
• Ability to work effectively in a global matrixed organization.
• Excellent aptitude for leading and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
Travel Requirements: 30%
Physical Activities & Demands:
• Manual dexterity and sitting are required in carrying out position own position responsibilities (i.e. use of personal computer).
• Ability to efficiently operate all job-related office equipment.
• Ability to communicate via telephone and work in virtual teams.
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
• Ability to work in a traditional professional office setting or remote equivalent.
Location: Remote USA
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: CENTOGENE is committed to creating Diverse, Equal, and Inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. CENTOGENE is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.