The mission of Zeta Charter Schools is to build and sustain high-performing schools that forge thriving communities of lifelong learners, problem solvers, and innovators. Zeta has launched in NYC with two public charter schools in the 2018-2019 school year, with plans to grow to ten schools serving PreK-12th grades. Zeta Schools are committed to:
- Academically Rigorous Education for a Modern Workforce. Zeta will combine the best of an academically rigorous education, focused on critical thinking and problem solving, with cutting edge technology and tools. Students will excel academically and work to solve the problems of the future, creating and inventing in “innovation laboratories” and developing coding fluency. Zeta will invest in serving the particular needs of at-risk, high-needs, English Language Learner, and advanced populations, with an aim to diversify the approach in order to mine their unique and highest potential.
- Mindfulness and Wellness. Zeta Schools will promote an environment of mindfulness for students, staff, and families. Mindfulness will foster kindness and serve as the foundation for a respectful school community. It will further teach students the value of treating others in a manner they would want to be treated and to learn self-regulation. Students will engage in invigorating daily physical activity and learn healthy habits, and all members of the community will be encouraged to practice and model healthy habits to maximize their own well being.
- High-Performance, People-First Culture. We are focused on hiring and developing great people and maintaining high expectations to enable team members to grow personally and professionally. Zeta cultivates a high-performance culture that fosters extraordinary outcomes, innovation, efficiency, and productivity, while practicing a sustainable people-first culture. With over 300 hours of professional development every year, we put our efforts where we think the biggest returns are: our people. The people-first culture extends to our community as well—we will embrace family involvement in order to best serve the needs of individual children.
As our Operations Coordinator, you will work within a school to keep our schools running smoothly and ensuring operational brilliance. You are innovative, able to identify solutions, and are eager to make things more efficiently. As a part of our school-based operations team, you will work with your team to create systems while receiving extensive support, hands-on experience, and professional development. This role reports to the Operations Director.
- Ensure school facility is ready for August 2018 launch, including negotiations with and management of vendors and the execution of Zeta’s Procurement Plan.
- Lead school launch and ongoing operations related to:
- Inventory - technology, furniture, books, and curriculum materials
- Implementation and creation of operational policies and procedures
- Day-to-day logistics and compliance
- Build, maintain, and strengthen relationships with families, colleagues, and vendors to ensure student success and a strong Zeta culture
- Maintain a high-standard of operational brilliance - visually, digitally, and physically
- Engage in short-term and long-term thinking on best operational practices using data, experience, and best practices to shape every aspect of our operations
- Build replicable processes and systems that exceed recruitment and community engagement outcomes, building a sense of community within our schools
- As a founding member of our operational team, flexibility will be key as your role and responsibilities will evolve as our community grows. Our launch year will look different than following years, and the ideal candidate is excited about being a part of trailblazing a path that will look different from year to year.
- Demonstrated passion for the mission, vision, and core values of Zeta Schools
- Excellent communications and relationship-building skills
- Strong strategic thinking, analytical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong project management experience that drives efficiency and excellence
- Ability to work seamlessly between high-level strategy and detail-oriented work
- Strong systems thinking skills to create scalable programs across schools
- Passion for driving innovation, disrupting the status quo, trying new approaches, and tackling problems from many angles and with creative solutions
- Interested in working in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated grit and perseverance
- Commitment to growth and constant improvement - ours will be an environment of regular feedback
- Commitment to excellence - our standards are high and we will invest in you
- Wear any hat necessary for a successful launch and organization - no task too big or small for anyone on our lean team
- Bachelor’s degree required
Work authorization required (candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.). Zeta Schools is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.