The mission of Zeta Charter Schools is to build and sustain high-performing schools that forge thriving communities of lifelong learners, problem solvers, and innovators. Zeta has launched in NYC with two public charter schools in the 2018-2019 school year, with plans to grow to ten schools serving PreK-12th grades. Zeta Schools are committed to:
- Academically Rigorous Education for a Modern Workforce. Zeta will combine the best of an academically rigorous education, focused on critical thinking and problem solving, with cutting edge technology and tools. Students will excel academically and work to solve the problems of the future, creating and inventing in “innovation laboratories” and developing coding fluency. Zeta will invest in serving the particular needs of at-risk, high-needs, English Language Learner, and advanced populations, with an aim to diversify the approach in order to mine their unique and highest potential.
- Mindfulness and Wellness. Zeta Schools will promote an environment of mindfulness for students, staff, and families. Mindfulness will foster kindness and serve as the foundation for a respectful school community. It will further teach students the value of treating others in a manner they would want to be treated and to learn self-regulation. Students will engage in invigorating daily physical activity and learn healthy habits, and all members of the community will be encouraged to practice and model healthy habits to maximize their own well being.
- High-Performance, People-First Culture. We are focused on hiring and developing great people and maintaining high expectations to enable team members to grow personally and professionally. Zeta cultivates a high-performance culture that fosters extraordinary outcomes, innovation, efficiency, and productivity, while practicing a sustainable people-first culture. With over 300 hours of professional development every year, we put our efforts where we think the biggest returns are: our people. The people-first culture extends to our community as well—we will embrace family involvement in order to best serve the needs of individual children.
We are looking for a highly motivated and organized individual with a passion for data analysis, assessment administration, and ensuring that appropriate programming and services are in place for ELL, Special Education, and Advanced populations. The school-based Student Achievement Associate will help set the vision for academic excellence and will have direct accountability for the academic performance of his/her Zeta School. He/She will report directly to the Managing Director.
- Overseeing the administration of rigorous assessments at his/her Zeta School
- Managing, implementing, and codifying structures for special education, academic intervention, and supplemental instruction at the school level
- Ensuring that special education identification, referral, and related processes are accurate and efficient, and that all students who require services receive them on time
- Working with the Academic Director to implement a scope and sequence of professional development and training for instructional team members and service providers
- Driving against student outcomes and holding yourself accountable for student outcomes
- Supporting instructional staff at the school level for making data-driven decisions
- Proactively driving innovation, trying new approaches, and tackling problems from many angles and with creative solutions
- Identifying and spreading best practices and innovations that lead to great outcomes
- Analyzing data and using results to drive instruction and training
- Managing student and parent communications related to academic results and special populations (special education, ELL, and advanced learner) processes at the school level
- Demonstrated passion for the mission, vision, and core values of Zeta Schools
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent writing, communications, and relationship-building skills
- Strong strategic thinking, analytical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong project management experience that drives efficiency and excellence in all aspects of work
- Ability to work seamlessly between high-level strategy and detail-oriented work
- Experience working with data in excel and other technology platforms to manage data
- Strong systems-thinking skills to create and maintain academic programs within the school
- Passion for driving innovation, disrupting the status quo, trying new approaches, and tackling problems from many angles and with creative solutions
- Familiarity with needs of ELL, Special Education, and advanced populations in underserved locations
- Bachelor’s degree required, with an outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Zeta Schools offers a competitive compensation package.
Work authorization required (candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.). Zeta Schools is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.