Job Title: Senior Engineer - Network Development (NetDev) Services - San Jose, CA
The NetDev Services team shares their advanced software and networking expertise through joint development with customers. Our focus is leading innovation projects and software development that allow our service provider and large enterprise customers to benefit from the most recent advances in SDN, NFV, abstraction, automation, disaggregated networking, DevOps, NetOps and more.
In your role as Senior Engineer, you will be a senior member of our NetDev Services team, working on pre-sales and post-sales projects. The role requires a broad spectrum of relevant historical and current industry technical skills in addition to the ability to learn quickly. You will be able to navigate the current ambiguity in relation to the maturity of SDN and NFV technology and still deliver high-quality solutions.
As a Senior Engineer, you will coach junior members in the team and be willing to take architectural and design guidance from the NetDev Principal Engineers. You will also partner with our product development team and will work closely with engineering leaders in Lumina and the open source community.
You will be a hands-on engineer that can determine the right path to follow through prototyping and testing, as well as leading the team by example. You will establish yourself as a trusted advisor with senior executives and engineers in our target customers. You will be a change agent leading customers around the many pitfalls toward lasting transformation. You will be a leader on customer delivery projects and will be comfortable with Agile and Scrum methodologies and can perform the role of Scrum Master or Product Owner.
This role is primarily focused on strategic customers within Silicon Valley. Full-time residence near San Jose is required.
● Provide pre-sales support for Lumina’s sales teams
● Design, develop (prototype and deliver) test solutions based on Lumina software products with integration to third party components.
● Work on projects that form part of customers’ transition into the software-defined way of the future.
● Collaborate with Lumina product engineering and open source community representatives to develop cutting-edge solutions.
● Prepare effort estimates for statements of work (SOW).
● Prepare and perform technical presentations for customers, partners and peers.
● Prepare and deliver content for industry events and conference speaking engagements.
Experience and Education Requirements
● BS/Master's in Computer Science or similar preferred.
● At least 7 years work experience in related fields
● Good software programming skills with Java, C, C++, Go or similar and tools such as Maven, Git.
● Experience and knowledge of Linux – development and debugging tools.
● Experience with Agile and Scrum software development methodologies.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills.
● Experience with OpenDaylight or other SDN platforms (ONOS, Contrail, etc.).
● Experience with some of NETCONF, OpenFlow, Yang, OVS or PCEP.
● Knowledge of IP networks with BGP, ISIS, OSPF and MPLS.
This is a full-time role. Lumina Networks offers a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to work with some of the leaders in the industry including the chance to work in a cutting-edge technology. Our team is growing, and the culture is fun and welcoming! If you feel you have some of the requirements we are looking for, please apply.