Job Title: Associate Engineer - Network Development (NetDev) Services - San Jose, CA
The NetDev Services team shares their advanced software and networking expertise through joint development with customers. Our focus is leading innovation projects and software development that allow our service provider and large enterprise customers to benefit from the most recent advances in SDN, NFV, abstraction, automation, disaggregated networking, DevOps, NetOps and more.
We are looking forhands-on engineersthat have a “can-do attitude” and a “core belief in ownership”. You will be proficient in some network development technologies and willing to learn in new areas. You will be able to navigate the current ambiguity in relation to the maturity of SDN and NFV technology and still deliver quality solutions. Our projects run in small autonomous teams that lead to many learning opportunities, a great deal of ownership and the prospect of driving this new technology forward.
This role requires a rare combination of skills. You need to have excellent technical skills in software development with awareness of networking. As well as excellent communication skills as you will be working directly with customers
This role is primarily focused on strategic customers within Silicon Valley. Full-time residence near San Jose is required.
● Provide pre-sales support for Lumina’s sales teams
● Design, develop (prototype and deliver) test solutions based on Lumina software products with integration to third party components.
● Work on projects that form part of customers’ transition into the software-defined way of the future.
Experience and Education Requirements
● At least 3 years work experience in related fields with an undergraduate degree, or
● 5 years relevant work experience without
● Good software programming skills with Java, C, C++, Go or similar and tools such as Maven, Git.
● Experience and knowledge of Linux – development and debugging tools.
● Experience with Agile and Scrum software development methodologies.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills.
● Experience with OpenDaylight or other SDN platforms (ONOS, Contrail, etc.).
● Experience with some of NETCONF, OpenFlow, Yang, OVS or PCEP.
● Knowledge of IP networks with BGP, ISIS, OSPF and MPLS.
This is a full-time role. Lumina Networks offers a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to work with some of the leaders in the industry including the chance to work in a cutting-edge technology. Our team is growing, and the culture is fun and welcoming! If you feel you have some of the requirements we are looking for, please apply.