JobTitle - Senior Engineer - North America -Network Development - NetDev Services
The NetDev Services team shares their advanced software and networking expertise through
joint development with customers. Our focus is leading innovation projects and software
development that allow our service provider and large enterprise customers to benefit from the
most recent advances in SDN, NFV, abstraction, automation, disaggregated networking,
DevOps, NetOps and more.
In your role as Senior Engineer, you will be a senior member in our NetDev Services team,
working on pre-sales and post-sales projects. The role requires a broad spectrum of relevant
historical and current industry technical skills in addition to the ability to learn quickly. You will be
able to navigate the current ambiguity in relation to the maturity of SDN and NFV technology and
still deliver high-quality solutions.
As a Senior Engineer, you will coach junior members in the team and be willing to take
architectural and design guidance from the NetDev Principal Engineers. You will also partner
with our product development team and will work closely with engineering leaders in Lumina and
the open source community.
This role is primarily focused on strategic customers within your region. Travel can be expected
within the region to support the growth with existing and new customers, and periodically to
California, US for internal teaming.
You will be a hands-on engineer that can determine the right path to follow through prototyping
and testing, as well as leading the team by example. You will establish yourself as a trusted
advisor with senior executives and engineers in our target customers. You will be a change agent
leading customers around the many pitfalls toward lasting transformation. You will be a leader on
customer delivery projects and will be comfortable with Agile and Scrum methodologies and can
perform the role of Scrum Master or Product Owner.
You must have direct experience using the open-source OpenDaylight (ODL) Software Defined
Networking controller, including development against its Northbound APIs and in integrating it
with devices within a telcomm environment. ODL forms the basis of Lumina software offerings
and expertise in its usage is critical to success in this role.
● Provide pre-sales support for Lumina’s sales teams
● Design, develop (prototype and deliver) and test solutions based on Lumina software
products with integration to third party components.
● Work on projects that form part of customers’ transition into the software-defined way of
● Collaborate with Lumina product engineering and open source community
representatives to develop cutting-edge solutions.
● Prepare effort estimates for statements of work (SOW).
● Prepare and perform technical presentations for customers, partners and peers.
● Prepare and deliver content for industry events and conference speaking engagements.
Your Skills and Education Requirements
● Experience using and deploying the OpenDaylight SDN controller
● Good software programming skills with Java, C, C++, Go or similar and frameworks and
tools such as Maven, OSGi, Karaf.
● Experience and knowledge of Linux – development and debugging tools.
● Experience with Agile and Scrum software development methodologies.
● Knowledge of IP networks with BGP, ISIS, OSPF and MPLS.
● Experience with OpenDaylight or other SDN platforms (ONOS, Contrail, etc.).
● Experience with some of NETCONF, OpenFlow, Yang, OVS or PCEP.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills.
● BS/Master's in CompSci or similar preferred. At least 7 years work experience in related
We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits plus the opportunity to
work with a caring organization that works on a cutting edge technology.