Position: Network Engineer - NetDev Engineer
Lumina Networks NetDev Engineer is a specialized multi-layer developer focused on network-centric application development and integration. They can produce custom software integrations for Lumina Networks clients using documented Application Programmatic-Interfaces (APIs) and platform Software Development Kits (SDKs).
The NetDev engineer has
- Strong user and administrator experience with at least one network-controller platform such as OpenDaylight or networking devices.
- Strong experience with at least one contemporary programing language, like C, Python, Java, or Go.
- Can demonstrate practical knowledge of modern cloud-platform technologies such as Compute-Resource scheduling, Orchestration Templates and network service providers.
- Extensive experience in network operations and the automation tools and concepts used
in large-scale, high-performance, networking.
- Extensive knowledge of Networking concepts, Software-Defined Networking concepts,
architectures and technologies; such as OpenFlow, Service-Abstraction Models,
Device-Abstraction Models, NetCONF, and YANG Models.
- Practical experience working with virtual-network test tools like MiniNet and Bot.
The NetDev Engineers Responsibilities:
- Collect and discovery use-case details and business goals
- Interpret use-case and business goal details into technical requirements
- Suggest and recommend technology components to build solution
- Document, represent and socialize solution design among Lumina peers and Client
- Work with in Agile-Method to develop feature-stories, back-logs, and sprints to produce
any required software code and software configuration files needed to implement
- Test functionality of own and peers code. Produce automated tests and document
- Deliver and integrate operational/functional solution to client.
- Provide ongoing support for client-specific integration as needed.
- Make contributions to Upstream Open-Source projects as needed to support project
- Make contributions to Lumina Networks Product and extensions code as needed to support project goals. These contributions must meet Lumina Networks Development Software standards.