Only RNs will be considered for this role.
The Manager of Public & Professional Education is a remote position responsible for the day-to-day oversight and management of patient and provider educational initiatives for the COPD Foundation.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Public & Professional Education, the Manager of Public & Professional Education leverages clinical and project oversight experience to deliver superior educational content to individuals with COPD, their families, and the providers who care for them.
• Serves as independent project lead on educational initiatives related to COPD, bronchiectasis, and NTM lung disease. These initiatives may involve the use of blog, social, and website content; videos; slide decks; electronic and hard copy educational materials; educational curricula; and webinar-style events.
• Coordinates day-to-day activities on rigorous educational initiatives, some of which may be aimed at underserved COPD communities such as those in rural locations. Oversees projects from contract execution to final reporting.
• Develops project plan and calendar. Tracks progress and milestones against project plan as well as budget against expenditures. Keeps program on time and on budget.
• Conducts outreach and engages appropriate partners and COPD Foundation team members to produce quality deliverables.
• Writes and edits both formal and informal educational content that aligns with COPD Foundation brand and content standards. Reviews content to ensure clinical accuracy.
• Interfaces professionally with internal project staff; external corporate partner contacts; advisory boards; health care provider and patient partners; and vendors.
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL COMPETENCIES:
The ideal candidate for the role of Manager, Public & Professional Education will be a self-starter who:
· Possesses great attention to detail.
· Demonstrates superior writing and editing skills.
· Demonstrates ideal interpersonal and communication skills.
- Is mission driven and dedicated to patient-centered advocacy and care.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· BSN or MSN required from an accredited university.
· Pulmonary background required.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite.