Tactus Technology is a team dedicated to materials science innovations to enable novel user interfaces for the consumer electronics industry. The Director of Process Development will combine world-class expertise in polymer science with a demonstrated track record of developing robust manufacturing processes for polymeric films and coatings by collaborating with the Tactus Research and Development team and contract manufacturing partners.
• Develop high volume polymer film/coating manufacturing processes based on lab-scale formulations in collaboration with contract manufacturing partners. Responsibilities include both technical (structure/process/property relationships in polymer films, process equipment modification/selection/specification, development of process monitoring systems, process troubleshooting, etc.) and non-technical (articulation of technical milestones and resource needs, management of project and key suppliers/partners, etc.) roles.
• Lead polymer extrusion and/or solvent-coating process improvement projects in close cooperation with contract manufacturing partners for current products.
• Leverage existing and/or develop new supplier and/or contract manufacturing relationships to drive new product innovation.
Required Skills or Abilities:
• Strong technical skills and deep knowledge of structure/process/property relationships in polymer films/coatings, process equipment selection/specification, process monitoring, and process troubleshooting.
• A strategic and analytical thinker – ability to identify and think through critical technical and operational issues and provide creative, data-driven, practical solutions.
• A successful track record of being able to establish and achieve performance goals and objectives for safety, quality, cost, manufacturing efficiency and process development.
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with partners, suppliers, customers, and co-workers throughout the organization.
• Ability to use common analytical techniques in polymer science to efficiently validate new processes and drive root cause analysis.
• High level of computer skills including Microsoft Office/G Suites, statistical analysis software (JMP), and cloud-based project management and product lifecycle management tools.
• Strong oral and written English communication skills with ability to deliver complex findings in a structured and clear manner to both technical and non-technical audience of varying levels.
• Master’s degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science/Engineering, or Materials Science. Ph.D. degree preferred.
• 10+ years of hands-on polymer extrusion and solvent-coating process development experience including demonstrated track record of successful scale-up of new lab/pilot scale materials/formulations to high volume production.
• Proven track record of successful management of contract manufacturing partners in polymer film and/or coatings industry.
• Six Sigma experience with either Green Belt or Black Belt certification.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are unable to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job.