The Materials Engineering Associate is a full-time position and will assist the Engineering staff with sample preparation, materials testing, and characterization to drive the development of next generation materials for Tactus’ TrueWrite Film, which delivers a best-in-class pen-on-paper writing experience with stylus.
• Independently execute experiments designed by members of the Engineering staff
• Maintain accurate, well-organized records of experiments in a laboratory notebook
• Follow good laboratory practices and safety procedures when conducting experiments
• Assist in monitoring and maintaining the inventory of lab supplies
Required Skills or Abilities:
• Strong critical thinking, problem solving and attentiveness to detail required.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Analytical skills and ability to resolve technical problems.
• Ability to interpret acceptability of data and exercise independent judgment.
• High degree of computer literacy.
• Demonstrated competence in research techniques and execution of protocols.
• Ability to multitask.
• A Bachelors degree in a technical discipline (Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science/Engineering, Materials Science, or Chemistry preferred) or Associates degree with 2+ years of engineering and/or research experience.
• Ideal candidate to have experience with implementation and execution of ASTM test methods. Preference for candidates with hands-on polymer measurement (e.g. Instron), formulation, and/or processing experience.
*Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States*