Tactus Technology is a team dedicated to materials science innovations to enable novel user interfaces for the consumer electronics industry. The Technical Product Manager (TPM) will combine a strong technical background and demonstrated New Product Introduction (NPI) success to lead the commercialization of next generation materials.
• Build and maintain a broad and deep knowledge of target markets and applications becoming known as an internal expert on new products and competitive landscape.
• Create product launch materials. Keep sales team up-to-date with new and existing product information. Provide ongoing product support, including monitoring of customer satisfaction, identification of new customer needs and generation of sales support materials.
• Manage Bill of Materials (BOM) and related technical documentation for new and existing products. • Leverage existing and/or develop new supplier relationships to drive new product innovation.
• Translate R&D/Engineering developments into new product opportunities, including technical roadmap and benchmarking.
• Facilitate meetings and apply project management tools on an as needed basis to drive the introduction of new products.
Required Skills or Abilities:
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a bias towards data driven decision-making.
• Exceptional organizer who takes initiative and can work independently to achieve goals established in a team environment.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks within a fast paced, cross-functional environment, oftentimes with limited information.
• Ability to influence through others. Openly shares knowledge and credit on project successes to build strong relationships within the organization.
• Ability to proactively identify and eliminate project obstacles on behalf of the team.
• High level of computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, G-Suite, and cloud-based project management and product lifecycle management (PLM) tools. CAD and/or statistical analysis software are desired skills.
• B.S. degree or higher in technical discipline. Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Polymer Science/Engineering is preferred academic disciplines.
• 3+ years of product management experience in a technical field is required. 1+ year additional experience in both R&D and Operations/Manufacturing strongly desired.
• Proven track record of driving product development and new product launches.
• Strong oral and written English communication skills with ability to deliver complex findings in a structured and clear manner to both technical and non-technical audience of varying levels.
• Native language proficiency in Mandarin and/or Japanese is a plus.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are unable to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job.