Tactus Technology is a team dedicated to materials science innovations to enable novel user interfaces for the consumer electronics industry. Tactus is looking for a Manufacturing Quality Engineer to provide support to existing and new products in a fast paced, dynamic start-up environment. Regularly engage with both domestic and international material suppliers and manufacturing partners to improve product quality and resolve issues. This person will establish test methods and maintain quality systems to capture issues and execute quality improvements throughout the development cycle.
• Responsible for CM and Supplier Quality Management, CAPA and all phases of 8D Failure Analysis, Problem Solving, SPC and Risk Mitigation
• Develop Quality System Dashboard to provide real time status on all Quality related metrics (ie 8D, CAPA, SPC, Cost of Quality, SCAR and FA)
• Establish and recommend inspections, test methods and inspection sampling plans
• Analyze in process data, evaluate process capability and lead improvement activities
• Utilize statistical tools in order to analyze and improve inspection and supplier manufacturing processes
• Work with the Engineering team and CMs for completing First Article Inspection (FAI) requests and improve improve product specifications and drawings
• Maintain and track the health of the Inspection/Test equipment
• Analyze Test results and submit recommendations for improvement
• Validate ECO updates
• Support design and manufacturing in qualifying new suppliers
• Manage suppliers in all quality related issues
• Make significant improvements on the quality metrics to identify gaps and areas for improvement (Training, Problem solving)
• Support all supplier audits and provide timely resolutions to issues
• Work closely with Manufacturing and Design Engineering and provide feedback on both manufacturing and design issues to the suppliers
• Provide daily/weekly yield reports, present monthly/quarterly performance reports on all Suppliers
Required Skills or Abilities:
• 5+ Years’ Experience as a Quality or Manufacturing Engineer
• B.S. or M.S. in Engineering or equivalent
• Experience in slot die coating is preferred
• Six Sigma certification required
• Data analysis and report generation skills in SQL databases, Excel, Minitab or Jump
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written
• Able to work independently as well as in cross-functional, global, domestic teams with Engineering and Operations, in a fast-moving and highly dynamic environment
• Self-motivated, entrepreneurial, highly innovative, resourceful, problem solver, and ability to be persuasive and influential
• Must be able to travel across Asia and US (greater than 50%)
• Must possess strong statistical and data analysis skills
• Participate in Supplier Site Audits as needed to resolve issues
• Ensure prompt, complete and accurate communication of issues between Asia and the US.
• Ability to speak Japanese/Korean language, is a plus
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are unable to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job.
Tactus is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.