Tactus Technology is a team dedicated to materials science innovations to enable novel user interfaces for the consumer electronics industry. Tactus is looking for a Sr. Buyer Procurement Specialist to manage on time material ordering and distribution, inventory management, and freight and logistics management and support for our products.
• Lead and negotiate all material purchasing and distribution
• Maintain accuracy of parts: Lead Time, Pricing, Safety Stock, EOL, Etc. to meet production schedule and volume ramp
• Perform regular performance review with Suppliers to drive continuous improvements in cost, quality and on time delivery
• Collaborate with R&D and Manufacturing to reduce Engineering Change Order (ECO) impacts on open orders
• Resolve receiving discrepancies, Material Review Board (MRB), Return to Vendor (RTV) and Purchase Price Variance (PPV), and supplier invoice issues
• Keep accurate inventory counts and perform cycle counts
• Lead all inventory activities, including validation, settlement and inventory reconciliation
• Maintain appropriate documents and record files (commercial invoices, packing slips, SEDs)
• Support inbound / outbound freight and logistics issues
Required Skills or Abilities
• BS degree or equivalent with 3- 5 years’ experience in purchasing, inventory management and understanding of domestic and international shipments
• Strong negotiation skills, experience negotiating contracts with contract manufacturers and suppliers.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written skills
• Knowledge with ERP systems, and all aspects of the exchange program, (ie. Packing, billing, UPS and FEDEX computers)
• Ability to lift 30 Ibs.
• Ability to operate a forklift
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are unable to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job.
Tactus is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.