Tactus Technology is a team dedicated to materials science innovations to enable novel user interfaces for the consumer electronics industry. The Procurement Engineer will combine expertise in procurement engineering and material science with a demonstrated track record of developing robust procurement processes for polymeric films by collaborating with the Tactus Research and Development team and contract manufacturing partners.
· Procurement Engineer is responsible for managing supplier performance in terms of quality, cost, delivery, lead time and responsiveness. They periodically review suppliers, and launch improvement programs where required. Procurement Engineers must always be thinking of ways to eliminate waste and variability in the supply chain.
· Raw material inventory management and ordering RM to meet production schedule and volume
· Perform regular performance review with suppliers to drive continuous improvements
· Consults with engineering personnel to establish performance criteria and specifications for manufacturing and testing
· Investigates potential suppliers and recommends those most desirable
Required Skills or Abilities:
• Technical skills and knowledge of structure/process/property relationships in polymer films/coatings
• Strong oral and written English communication skills with ability to deliver complex findings in clear and structured manner to technical audience.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science/Engineering, Chemistry, or Material Science
• 3+ years of hands-on with chemical engineering, procurement and operations
• Knowledge and direct experience in negotiating contracts and quotations with Contract Manufacturers and Suppliers
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are unable to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job.