Tactus Technology is a team dedicated to materials science innovations to enable novel user interfaces for the consumer electronics industry. The Sr. Quality Engineer will provide support to existing and new products in a fast paced start-up environment. Regularly engage with both domestic and international material suppliers and manufacturing partners to improve product quality and resolve issues. The quality engineer will establish test methods and maintain quality systems to capture issues and execute quality improvements throughout the development cycle. This highly visible role will provide many opportunities to grow and learn.
Essential Job Functions:
• Provide quality improvement engineering support for new and existing Tactus Products
• Leads cross functional teams to improve process and product understanding
• Must have deep knowledge of display products of structure/process/property relationships in polymer films/coatings, test equipment selection/specification, and process troubleshooting.
• Resolve quality issues by executing Corrective Action Preventive Action (CAPA), and root cause analysis to provide issue mechanism clearly by using common analytical techniques in coating science to efficiently drive root cause analysis
• Must be able to demonstrate expertise in quality engineering skills including Statistical Process Control (SPC), Design of Experiments (DOE), acceptance sampling, process capability, test methods evaluation, process validations, etc.
• Work with Domestic and International suppliers and OEMs to resolve quality issues
• Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Must have essential documentation skills
Nonessential Job Function:
• Start-up experience a plus+
• JMP or Minitab experience and one programming language (python, c++, visual basic…)
• Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering
• Minimum of five (5) year experience working in a manufacturing plant environment
• Six Sigma Green Belt and/or ASQ/CQE Professional Certification
*Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are unable to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job.*