Here at Tactus Technology, we are searching for novel material science solutions to the issues facing cutting-edge display applications. As a Test Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and implementing new test methods for characterizing the unique formulations being developed at Tactus. You will collaborate with the Manufacturing and Research & Development teams in order to provide robust and innovative metrology solutions to enable material innovations and high quality manufacturing processes. You will also work with Tactus’ customers to synchronize test methods and to ensure reliable and accurate data communication.
- · Develop test methods in line with industry standards (ASTM, ISO, JIS), as well as develop novel test methods to meet customer and internal requirements.
- · Generate and revise documentation for new or updated test methods. Clearly and consistently communicate these procedures to internal and external stakeholders.
- · Lead Competitive Benchmarking activities, including material identification, sample acquisition, and testing. The Test Engineer will also be required to synthesize the results into material for technical marketing collateral.
- · Implement and validate test methods with Tactus’ customers and contract manufacturing partners through lab-to-lab data comparisons .
- · Coordinate material characterization efforts with external laboratories and/or contract manufacturing partners.
- · Lead/support cross-functional teams in resolving key quality issues through Root Cause Investigations.
- · Maintain internal test capabilities, including coordinating regular instrument calibration and recurring training for engineers and technicians
- · Familiarity with polymer characterization and/or display industry test methods, including but not limited to: Mechanical Properties, Surface Characterization, Optical Properties, Solution Properties, Polymeric analytical techniques.
- · Strong track record of utilizing GR&R and MSA techniques to ensure test method validity and equipment capability.
- · History of working with materials common throughout the consumer electronics and display industries.
- · Experience working with statistical analysis software (JMP, Minitab).
- · Excellent communicator, who can clearly communicate complex results to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- · Hands-on, motivated and collaborative with excellent time management and prioritization skills; comfortable working alone and in cross-functional teams.
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Physics, or similar.
· 3+ Years of experience in a relevant industry with significant hands-on materials testing experience.