Tactus Technology is a team dedicated to materials science innovations to enable novel user interfaces for the consumer electronics industry. The Manufacturing Engineer will combine world-class expertise in polymer science with a demonstrated track record of developing robust manufacturing processes for polymeric films and coatings by collaborating with the Tactus Research and Development team and contract manufacturing partners.
• Develop high volume polymer film/coating manufacturing processes based on lab-scale formulations in collaboration with contract manufacturing partners. Responsibilities include establishing: structure/process/property relationships in polymer films, process equipment modification/selection/specification, development of process monitoring systems, process troubleshooting and product yield improvement.
• Lead product yield improvement and quality consistency in close cooperation with contract manufacturing partners.
Required Skills or Abilities:
• Strong technical skills and deep knowledge of structure/process/property relationships in polymer films/coatings, Design of Experiment, process equipment selection/specification, process monitoring, and process troubleshooting.
• Must have hands-on experience in material testing, establishment of testing method, or roll-to-roll web handling.
• Must be able to establish and achieve performance goals and objectives for safety, quality, cost, manufacturing efficiency in process development.
• Ability to use common analytical techniques in coating science to efficiently validate new processes and drive root cause analysis.
• Strong oral and written English communication skills with ability to deliver complex findings in clear and structured manner to technical audience.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science/Engineering, Chemistry, Material Science, or Mechanical Engineering.
• 3+ years of hands-on wet coating process development and roll-to-roll web handling experience including demonstrated track record of successful scale-up of new lab/pilot scale materials/formulations to high volume production.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are unable to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job.