Venture for America is currently searching for a highly organized self-starter to manage the day-to-day of VFA’s annual Accelerator program. As the Accelerator Coordinator you will manage program logistics, build relationships with mentors and guest speakers, and work closely with VFA alumni as they prepare to launch their businesses. This is a four-month contract position based in Cleveland, Ohio and will run from August 1 - November 30, 2019.
- Have worked in an externally facing role for 2-3 years and are comfortable interacting with executives and individual contributors alike. (Startup experience strongly preferred)
- Have experience organizing events from start to finish.
- Understand how startups work and the language used by founders and investors.
- Have an interest in learning about the critical early days of building a startup from the ground up.
- Are extremely organized, detail-oriented, and get excited whenever you’re tasked with planning something.
- Have strong communication skills and can craft emails that get people to act.
- Are comfortable with changing priorities and thrive in unexpected situations.
- Demonstrate a willingness to do the little things and go the extra mile to accommodate your colleagues, customers, advisors, and whoever else you interact with on a daily basis.
What You’ll Do:
- Support our Entrepreneurship Program Manager in running the Venture for America Accelerator
- Support the participating Fellow Founders on a daily basis by managing the office space and scheduling
- Coordinate travel, scheduling, and welcoming of visiting mentors, trainers and investors
- Coordinate the logistics of all workshops, events, office hours, and cohort meetings with the help of the Program Manager
- Connect Fellow Founders with available resources that can help their companies grow (VFA technology partners, and service providers)
- Support the planning and execution of events: Opening Party, mentor happy hours, culminating Demo Day event
- Grow and engage the local VFA mentor network in Cleveland through proactive outreach and networking
The Good Stuff:
- You’ll earn a competitive hourly rate, commensurate with experience.
- VFA is a dynamic startup environment with varied responsibilities and a different challenge each day (we mean it – always plenty of interesting problems to work on!).
- You’ll work alongside a team of crazy motivated, high-caliber people.
Venture for America:
Venture for America is a two-year fellowship that recruits, selects, and trains highly talented recent college grads, places them at startups in emerging US cities, and provides them with access to the network and resources to become company builders and job creators. The Fellowship is highly selective, as is our team, and we’re looking for people who can jump in and make an impact.
The VFA Accelerator:
The 2019 Accelerator program will take place in Cleveland, Ohio from August 6 - November 30. The Accelerator is designed to support founders who have successfully completed the Fellowship and are ready to jump into their ventures full time.
The Accelerator provides the time, space, and support founders need to make progress on their businesses. This program supports early-stage companies from any industry through skill workshops, professional mentorship, and goal setting & accountability. Participants will receive a monthly stipend, housing, and office space. The program culminates with Cleveland Demo Day and the VFA Holiday Party Demo Day.
The goal of the VFA Accelerator is to ensure participating companies are well positioned to take the right next step for their business, be it a national accelerator, fundraising round, or product launch. In many ways the VFA Accelerator should be thought of as a zero equity pre-Accelerator.