Do you have experience in residential construction? Are you interested in building homes for families who need affordable home ownership opportunities? Would you like to lead groups of skilled and unskilled volunteers in building a better tomorrow for their community?
The Construction Crew Leader (CCL) uses residential construction experience to lead volunteers in the on-site activities of building Habitat homes. The CCL will ensure that sites are productive, on-schedule, safe, fun and provide a positive experience for volunteers and partner families. They are an integral part of building homes, community and hope through our program in the Cape Fear Region.
This is an active construction position that is is full-time, Tuesday - Saturdays.
- Committed to Cape Fear Habitat for Humanity’s mission
- Knowledge and experience in residential construction-specifically framing
- Ability to teach building skills, lead groups, and work well with people
- Knowledge of construction safety
- Ability to work outside and inside in varying to extreme weather conditions
- Ability to engage in strenuous activity, ability to sit, walk, carry, push, pull, lift up to 50 lbs., climb ladders, bend, squat.
- Valid driver’s license subject to insurance requirements. Current Certified Motor Vehicle Record must be provided.
- Satisfactory results on criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening test
• Extensive benefit package including: medical (with company contribution), dental, vision, disability
• Generous vacation plan and paid holidays
• 401(k) plan with company match