Are you looking for an opportunity to be a part of a team that builds homes, communities, and hope for families in the Cape Fear region? Recently staff and board solidified a 5 year strategic plan and are looking for a Development Director to help us achieve our goals to double Cape Fear Habitat’s impact in our community by 2025.
Who you are…
You are a motivated fundraising professional that thrives on engaging with the local community and making new connections. You have strong interpersonal skills to work successfully with individuals and groups at all levels. You have a thorough understanding of all aspects of development and strategies to support the diverse activities of Cape Fear Habitat’s mission. You have at least 5 years of direct experience in either fundraising or marketing in an organization with a multi-million-dollar annual budget. Capital campaign experience is a plus.
• Provide vision and leadership in growing financial resources that ensure organizational health and sustainability.
• Cultivate, solicit, and steward current and prospective major donors from all sectors. This position will also support other team members, including the Executive Director and the board in their donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship efforts.
• Design, lead, and organize leadership for fund development opportunities and campaigns.
• Participate in public speaking and outreach opportunities to share information about Cape Fear Habitat.
• Identify, write, and monitor corporate and foundation grant requests. Ensure compliance requirements are met.
• Oversee and monitor a three staff development department including recruitment, engagement, and management of additional staff as required.
• Lead the Governance Committee to recruit board members and measure the quality of performance of the board as a whole and of individual board members.
• Monitor the donor database and report progress on the annual fundraising plan by delivering monthly reports.
Who we are…
Cape Fear Habitat for Humanity has been building strength, stability and self-reliance in the Cape Fear region for over 30 years and has partnered with more than 250 families to reach their dreams of home ownership. We are committed to bringing people together to build homes, communities, and hope.
Our vision is a thriving community where everyone has the opportunity to live in a sustainable and affordable home. Leading the region in creating and preserving affordable housing, Cape Fear Habitat for Humanity will serve our 500th family, expand our ReStore presence, and establish a campus that is a center for innovation, education, and empowerment.
What you receive as a full time non-exempt employee...
Cape Fear Habitat for Humanity offers a full health benefit package, paid time off, holidays and a 401(k) plan with company match.
Apply today! Applications accepted through 5 pm Friday, June 18, 2021.
This is a repost from March 2021. Candidates from that post need not re-apply.