The Grant Writer position is a part time position non-exempt which reports to the Director of Development and is responsible to provide project management of proposals and grant applications including research, writing, graphics, editing, assembly, submission and compliance. Grant funding requirements are for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects.
• Research and identify grant funding opportunities
• Write high-quality grant proposal narratives, applications, and supporting documents and submit to secure funding
• Work with department managers to compile financials and data
• Maintain knowledge of the organization’s history and programs
• Maintain a database of grant applications: including project timelines, grants applied to, status of application, grant deadline, etc.
• Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors
• Manage activities for prospective and current funding organizations, including site visits and prospect/cultivation/stewardship meetings
• Maintain paper and electronic files containing information regarding funding progress
• Participates as a member of Development team in planning and execution of special events
• Support the Development team in the execution of other fundraising related activities as needed
• Other duties as assigned
Experience and Knowledge Requirements
• Committed to the mission of Cape Fear Habitat for Humanity
• Demonstrated experience in obtaining grants from foundations and other grant-making organizations
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in research and grant writing; nonprofit experience preferable
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in related field
• Demonstration of grant writing abilities
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Ability to analyze financial statements
• Ability to work independently and in a timely manner
• Interpersonal communication and organizational skills
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, email marketing, and CRM tools
Physical Demand Requirements
• Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; stand, walk, use hands and vision in a professional office environment
• Routinely use standard office equipment such as computers, printers and copiers
This job description should not be construed to imply that the requirements listed are the exclusive standards of the position. The Director of Development, along with the Executive Director, reserve the right to assign or delegate other tasks as necessary.
Cape Fear Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Generous benefit package includes vacation, holidays and 401(k) plan with company match.
Apply today to be a part of the mission to eliminate substandard housing and create affordable home ownership opportunities.