This is a full time non-exempt temporary position for a minimum of one year.
The Disaster Rebuild Construction Crew Leader (DRCCL) uses residential construction experience to lead skilled and unskilled volunteers in the on-site activities of building Habitat homes. The DRCCL will ensure that sites are productive, on-schedule, safe, fun and provide a positive experience for sponsors, volunteers and partner families.
This job description should not be construed to imply that the requirements listed are the exclusive standards of the position. The Director of Construction reserves the right to assign or delegate other tasks as necessary. Duties include:
- Monitor the work of subcontractors
- Supervise volunteer crews on build days
- Perform construction tasks on non-volunteer days
- Work on many different aspects of house construction
- Ensure that builds stay on schedule, from layout through final inspection
- Follow all guidelines for NC building code
- Maintain a clean, well-organized, safe and secure build site
- Work with Construction Project Coordinator on all administrative functions of the Construction department
- Committed to Cape Fear Habitat for Humanity’s mission
- Knowledge and experience in residential construction-specifically framing &/or finishing
- Ability to teach building skills, lead groups, and work well with people
- Knowledge of construction safety
- Ability to work outside and inside in varying to extreme weather conditions
- Ability to engage in strenuous activity, ability to sit, walk, carry, push, pull, lift up to 50 lbs., climb ladders, bend, squat.
- Valid driver’s license subject to insurance requirements. Current Certified MVR must be provided with application
- Ability to pass criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening test
• Extensive benefit package including: medical (with company contribution), dental, vision, disability
• Generous vacation plan and paid holidays
• 401(k) plan with company match