ToolsGroup is the world’s most experienced provider of market-driven demand analytics, inventory optimization and supply chain planning software.
Our solutions have been recognized by analyst firms such as Gartner and Nucleus research for their ability to support highly intelligent decision-making, combined with an ease-of-use that results in dramatically improved planning productivity. ToolsGroup has been successfully deployed for more than 300 customers worldwide in more than 44 countries, and we have one of the highest customer retention rates in our industry. Our experience includes manufacturers, wholesale distributors and retailers in a wide range of demand and inventory-driven industries.
As a member of our team, you will be managing the financial reporting for our fast-growing Supply Chain Management SaaS business. The responsibilities include managing North America’s accounting operations, the monthly accounting close, accounts payable, and accounts receivable cycles and involvement in the ToolsGroup global consolidation and reporting. This position is located in Boston and will report to the ToolsGroup CFO located in Milan, Italy as well as day to day reporting to local leadership.
- Hands-on team player responsible for all areas of accounting in North America
- Full cycle of the accounts payable and accounts receivable processes
- Perform monthly account reconciliations and analysis of all Balance Sheet accounts including posting of accruals and other monthly journal entries
- Ensure proper revenue recognition for SaaS and professional services in accordance with GAAP
- Support the global financial statement consolidation
- Cash management and forecasting
- Calculate sales commissions and preparation of all commission statements monthly
- Manage the sales and use tax filings
- Other ad-hoc reporting, projects, and assignments
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management, MBA preferred
- Minimum three (3) years of relevant experience
- Strong understanding of US GAAP accounting principles with respect to Software, SaaS, and Professional Services revenue recognition
- Analytical, attentive to detail and well-organized
- Self-directed with proven ability to research complex issues, work independently, and multi-task several projects efficiently
- Excellent communication and business skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate with others
- Experience with accounting software tools (Twinfield preferred), and MS Excel