ToolsGroup is the world’s most experienced provider of market-driven demand analytics, inventory optimization and supply chain planning software.
Our solutions have been recognized by analyst firms such as Gartner and Nucleus research for their ability to support highly intelligent decision-making, combined with an ease-of-use that results in dramatically improved planning productivity. ToolsGroup has been successfully deployed for more than 300 customers worldwide in more than 44 countries, and we have one of the highest customer retention rates in our industry. Our experience includes manufacturers, wholesale distributors and retailers in a wide range of demand and inventory-driven industries.
SOLUTION DEVELOPMENT LEAD
ToolsGroup is seeking a driven, customer-facing Solution Development Lead with strong analytical and team leadership skills to join our Boston based Professional Services team. As a member of this team, you will collaborate with teammates to define, design and deliver ToolsGroup’s SO99+ ‘next-generation’ Sales and Operations Planning and other supply chain decision support solutions to a broad range of e-commerce, retail and distribution, high-tech and industrial companies.
- Work with client user community and consulting teams to transform business requirements into implemented solutions
- Design solutions and develop functional requirements that best leverage existing solution templates and available technologies
- Work with developers and client technical teams to create technical specifications
- Lead internal development and testing, including managing timelines and budgets
- Lead client roll-out efforts, including use case development, solution design reviews, user acceptance testing, and training
- Establish processes and technical infrastructure to ensure solutions are supported in accordance with client service level agreements in a scalable way
- Partner with product development teams to drive solution template development and standardization in line with client and market needs
- Establish agile development methodologies
- Research new technologies, techniques, and concepts and develop prototype applications to showcase value
- Be hands on and willing to support with actual development and testing as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline
- At least 7-10 years of relevant experience, including at least 3 years designing and implementing software-based business solutions
- Strong track record of leading development teams and delivering high quality solutions on time and on budget
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing Business Intelligence applications, e.g. Board, Tableau, Qlik, Microsoft Power BI
- Proven ability to develop and manage relationships with senior business and technical stakeholders
- Good working knowledge of supply chain planning processes and systems, especially Sales & Operations Planning
- Strong technical aptitude with prior hands-on development experience preferred e.g. BI application / dashboard development, SQL / ETL development
- Ability to drive clarity in complex and ambiguous environments
- Ability to travel up to 50%