ToolsGroup is the world’s most experienced provider of market-driven demand analytics, inventory optimization and supply chain planning software.
Our solutions have been recognized by analyst firms such as Gartner and Nucleus research for their ability to support highly intelligent decision-making, combined with an ease-of-use that results in dramatically improved planning productivity. ToolsGroup has been successfully deployed for more than 300 customers worldwide in more than 44 countries, and we have one of the highest customer retention rates in our industry. Our experience includes manufacturers, wholesale distributors and retailers in a wide range of demand and inventory-driven industries.
SUPPLY CHAIN BUSINESS CONSULTANT
As a member of this team, you will have the opportunity to participate to a specialized group that defines, manages and delivers ToolsGroup’s SO99+ ‘next-generation’ Supply Chain Planning and Optimization solution to a broad range of e-commerce, retail and distribution, high-tech and industrial companies.
The Business Consultant is responsible for working with clients to create and review business process and supply chain model-oriented deliverables. Our industry leading solutions help our clients overcome volatile demand and supply chain challenges. The Business Consultant plays a key role in all phases of our projects including identifying business requirements, requirements management, functional design, prototyping, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), testing, training, and supporting implementations.
The successful candidate will contribute strong supply chain planning knowledge to the team, working to help clients solve their most critical supply chain planning challenges. We provide advisory through end-to-end implementation services as well as outsourcing services. We are recognized in the marketplace for capabilities within predictive demand analytics and supply chain management.
- Act as a key client resource for Supply Chain planning leading practices
- Participate in the planning and implementation of client projects
- Provide direction, support, and subject matter expertise to client project team
- Provide business process leadership and expertise throughout entire lifecycle of project
- Analyze business/technical requirements and objectives, perform fit/gap analysis, and provide client recommendations
- Participate in development
- Document all client engagements including functional design, prototyping, process documentation and specifications.
- Participate in knowledge sharing and training
- Contribute to internal efforts to improve implementation methods and tools
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain planning processes from firsthand operating or implementation experience
- Good understanding of supply chain quantitative methods
- Good understanding of ERPs, their functions and architecture
- At least 2-3 years of relevant implementation consulting or industry experience in Supply Chain planning projects, including demand planning, inventory optimization and supply modeling experience
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Office, PowerPoint)
- A Bachelor's Degree in Math, Engineering, OR/Statistics or related concentration
- A willingness to travel 50 - 60% of the time
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization (IT & Operations) is a plus
- Strong working knowledge of SQL, Stored Procedures, and either SQL Server or Oracle Database management
- APICS certification
We are a team of people who are crazy about Supply Chain, Machine Learning and Success! We are driven to help our customers do: grow their businesses by making it possible and “Powerfully Simple” for them to use their data to meet the demands of their customers.
Working at ToolsGroup means you’ll work on things you never imagined you would; you’ll grow in ways you didn’t consider possible; and you’ll do the best work of your career with people who are just as motivated and talented as you are.
Our culture is all about Attitude, Aptitude, Accomplishment, Appreciation, and Adaptability. Groupies are upbeat, positive, might not have all the skills needed but have the ability to learn new things quickly; can show success with the skill set they already possess, show appreciation for their past experiences and use it to direct their future; and most importantly, the willingness to change to meet the ever-fluid needs of the company and our customers.
Our benefits don't stop with competitive salaries, 401K matching with immediate vesting, comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life/disability insurance. We also provide our employees with an annual performance bonus, commuter reimbursement, on-site fitness center, fancy coffee in tiny cups, lots of “groupie grub,” flexible work schedules and most importantly…. the opportunity to surround yourself with the very best and brightest from around the globe.
Located in the heart of Boston, ToolsGroup’s North American headquarters is easily accessible by public transportation or on foot. We also have offices in Spain, Italy, Germany, and the Netherlands.