Merge is a virtual and augmented reality (VR/AR) company focused on pushing the boundaries of imagination and technology, merging the physical and digital worlds, and creating immersive learning experiences for kids grades K-12.
As Software Architect, you will report directly to the Sr. Software Engineer. You’ll be an integral part of our software development team, architecting and defining internal tools and external applications. You will be conceptualizing, prototyping, and producing AR/VR apps for mobile platforms that will change the people interact with the world.
- Extensive knowledge of Unity and C#
- Extensive knowledge of object oriented design, 3D Math and data structures
- Strong knowledge of software architecture
- Minimum of 3 years of professional software development experience
- Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Mobile Development Experience on iOS / Android
Typical Duties Include:
- Designing and implementing mobile-based applications
- Designing and implementing app backend and communications.
- Designing and implementing custom development tools
- Researching and implementing new technology
- Collaborating with team to develop new features
- Proficient in existing team’s workflow in 1 month.
- Able to give accurate task estimates after 2 months.
- Learn 2 new programing techniques and share with the team every month.
- Read 2 technical articles and share with the team every month.
- Attend quarterly 1-on-1 meetings with manager and show continuous improvement in KPIs & Key Competencies
- Analysis skills - Identifies significant problems and opportunities. Analyzes problems and people in depth. Sorts the wheat from the chaff, determining rootcauses.
- Strategic Skills - Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends. Comprehends the big picture.
- Pragmatism - Generates sensible, realistic, practical solutions to problems.
- Integrity - You’re ironclad, and never ethically cut corners. You earn the trust of your co-workers and everybody else around you. You always put the organization above your own self interest.
- Organization/Planning - You plan, organize, schedule, and budget in an efficient, organized manner, and focus on key priorities.
- Adaptability - You can cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Listening - Tunes in accurately to opinions, feelings, and needs of people. Empathetic. Patient. Lets others speak. Listens actively.
- Team player - reaches out to peers. Overcomes we-they. Approachable. Leads peers to do what is best for company.
- Lifelong Learning - You exhibit continuous learning throughout your career.