LISNR is seeking a new Senior Vice President of Sales/Business Development to provide leadership, direction, and resource stewardship to the organization's sales function. As the organization’s senior-most sales leader, the SVP Sales is accountable for overall sales organization performance, the profitable achievement of sales organization goals, and for aligning sales objectives with firm business strategy. Must have hustler mentality and be an extrovert by nature. LISNR is at the verge of a product market fit and we need a sales leader who can assist in identifying and closing deals at this stage.
- Aligns the sales organization’s objectives with firm business strategy through active participation in corporate strategic planning, sales strategy development, forecasting, sales resource planning, and budgeting.
- Accountable for effective sales organization design, including sales job roles, sales channel design, and sales resource deployment.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume, market share, and other key financial performance objectives.
- Leads learning and development initiatives impacting the sales organization, and provides stewardship of sales and sales management talent. Through active, productive partnerships with Human Resources and Learning and Development functions, the SVP establishes learning and development objectives essential to the sales organization’s success, oversees the effective delivery of training and development programs, actively assesses the value of training and development investments, and monitors learning and development outcomes to ensure high ROI.
- Establishes and governs the sales organization's performance management system. This includes establishing guiding sales organizational principles for managing performance, establishing and prioritizing critical performance measures for all sales jobs; overseeing the equitable allocation of organization objectives across all sales channels, markets, and personnel; and ensuring all key sales and sales management associates are held accountable for assigned results.
- Provides leadership to the sales organization’s management team, while fostering a culture of accountability, professional development, high-performance, and ethical behavior
- Accountable for the sales organization support budget. Proactively assesses existing sales organization support investments, including those in technology, training, and administrative support. Ensures support investments yield productivity benefits consistent with established objectives. Provides managerial leadership to Sales Operations in meeting this responsibility, and works closely with the Head of Product to ensure technology initiatives are implemented consistent with firm technology strategy.
- Leads sales organization change initiatives by continuously assessing the need for organizational change, championing change initiatives, and removing obstacles impeding constructive organizational change.
- Establishes and maintains productive peer-to-peer relationships with customers and prospects.
- Four year college degree from an accredited institution.
- Master in Business Administration or equivalent.
- Five to ten years’ of sales management experience in a business-to-business sales environment.
- Experience driving organization sales from $1-30M
- Previous startup experience required